ACUCW2 - Administering Cisco Unified Communications Workspace Part 2: Advanced v11.5
This course includes Cisco Training Exclusives
EXCLUSIVE TO GLOBAL KNOWLEDGE - Accelerate your Cisco learning experience with complimentary access to the IT Skills Video On-Demand Library, Introduction to Cybersecurity digital learning course, course recordings, IT Resource Library, and digital courseware.
This exclusive course focuses on dial plan, call control, and advanced system features in an environment that is similar to what you will see in your own system, including:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) v11.5
- Cisco Unified IM&P v11.5
- Client devices such as Jabber
This hands-on, exclusive course builds on the foundation provided by ACUCW1 and focuses on advanced administration of Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) v11.5. In this course, you will learn to build the UC infrastructure, including deploying a variable-length on-net dial plan that supports multiple sites.
After learning how to configure the system, you'll discover how native presence and instant messaging and presence can enhance collaboration. You'll deploy a client services framework client, Jabber, and explore the challenges that are presented by the North American Numbering Plan (NANP). You will explore bandwidth management and call admission control tools used to manage calling in a network with multiple sites. You will learn about mobility features, including device mobility, extension mobility, and unified mobility (single number reach), that are used in networks with multiple sites. You will configure hunt lists, call park options, and configure IP phone services.
Why Take ACUCW2 from Global Knowledge?
We have the only courses specifically designed for administrators of Cisco UC products:
- ACUCW1: Entry-level administrators
- ACUCW2: Second-level/advanced administrators
Global Knowledge is the only training partner offering a real-world lab topology that is specifically designed for the needs of North American students. Our UC courses provide a simulated PSTN, enabling you to gain an understanding of the NANP and its concepts that are associated with a variable-length on-net dial plan supporting multiple sites with overlapping extensions.
In this class, you will build a complete dial plan, including Class of Service and test calling to 3-digit, 7-digit, 10-digit, 11-digit, and international route patterns. You will investigate uncommon issues with overlapping 7- and 10-digit locations and work with a real dial plan that includes:
- 3-digit service codes: 411, 511, etc.
- 7-digit local numbers: 555-1901
- 10-digit local numbers: 416-777-1901
- 11-digit long distance numbers: 1-733-802-1901
- International numbers: 011441902
Our next-generation Cisco UC platform combines the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) with a VMware DRS cluster, distributing the load for individual classrooms across 16 UCS B-Series blades provisioned with 1.6 TB of RAM. You will access and control your environment using the vSphere client in the same way you would in a production environment. Taking advantage of the improved performance of the UCS environment, we can deploy additional capabilities while improving classroom performance. Our new UC on UCS lab environment provides enhanced and exclusive labs that you wonï¿½t find with any other training provider.
- Administrators who need a more comprehensive understanding of the Cisco UC infrastructure.
- Administrators, engineers, network architects, and integrators with overall responsibility for Cisco UC networks.
For this advanced administrative course, you should have experience performing basic CUCM administrative tasks, including IP Phone moves, adds, as well as some exposure to the CUCM Administrative GUI. However, an understanding of router configuration is not needed.
- Advanced CUCM architecture and terminology
- How the CUCM Service and Platform GUIs and CLI work
- Activate, start, and stop CUCM services
- Configure base CUCM components, such as date time groups, device pools, and Call Manager groups
- Build a dial plan including route patterns, route lists, and route groups supporting both the NANP and dialing in Europe
- Deploy line/device Class of Service using partitions and calling search spaces and translation patterns for call blocking
- Build a dial plan supporting multiple sites
- Investigate the challenges of the NANP
- Configure advanced Class of Service capabilities such as time of day routing, client matter codes, and forced authorization codes
- Hunt lists and their configuration
- Use bandwidth management and call admission control tools to control calls between sites
- CUCM mobility features: extension mobility, device mobility, and unified mobility (single number reach)
- Configure presence and BLF
- Configure Instant Messaging and Presence Server
- Configure Client Services Framework including Jabber Client
- Configure IP Phone Services
1. Cisco Unified Communications Manager Introduction
- Role of Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Its Architecture, and Its Deployment and Redundancy Options
- Performing Initial Cisco Unified Communications Manager Configuration
- Deploying Endpoints and End Users
2. CUCM Dial Plan and Calling Privileges
- Dial Plan Components
- Identifying Issues in a Multisite Implementation
- Identifying Multisite Deployment Solutions
- Implementing Calling Privileges
- Implementing Gateway Selection and PSTN Access Features
3. Bandwidth Management and Call Admission Control
- Managing Bandwidth
- Implementing Call Admission Control
4. Implementation of Features and Applications for Multisite Deployments
- Implementing Device Mobility
- Implementing Cisco Extension Mobility
- Implementing Cisco Unified Mobility
5. Cisco Native Presence
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Native Presence
6. Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM&P
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service
- Enabling Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service
7. Implementing Call Coverage
- Implementing Call Coverage in Cisco Unified Communications Manager
8. Cisco IP Phone Services
- Deploying IP Phone Services