Advanced XML and XSLT
In this hands-on course, you will cover XML, XPath, and XSLT. You will quickly review of the basic fundamentals of XML and move to the related advanced technologies. You will walk through the different standards in a structured manner to enable them to master the concepts and ideas, which are reinforced in the hands-on labs. You will cover XML Schema in detail, and then move on to the XPath and XSLT advanced topics. Finally, you will address XML and Web Services security mechanisms and issues.
You will receive a copy of the Xtensil product. This unique software was developed to assist in implementing, testing, and fielding XML applications. Xtensil is used as both a teaching aid and a straightforward, basic, fully functional XML toolkit that you can use on Windows and Linux platforms.
This is an advanced-level XML training course designed for those needing in-depth, working knowledge of XML, XML Schema, XSLT, and XML-related security.
Working knowledge of XML is required
- Design and implement changes to XML Schemas
- Apply advanced XSLT constructs such as calling named templates with parameters
- Use XSLT constructs such as messages, keys, and copy
- Generate linked, dynamic table of contents using XSLT
- Use XML Digital Signature and XML Encryption
- Defend XML-based services and functions from malicious attacks
1. XML Content
- XML Mechanics
2. XML Structure
- Advanced Schema Structures
- Processing XML
3. XML Formatting
- XSL Transformations
- XSLT and XPath
4. Advanced XML Topics
- XSL Formating Objects (FOs)
- Advanced XSL Topics
- XML Performance and Interoperability
- XPath 2.0 and XSLT 2.0 OverviewWeb Services