Big Data Foundations
The Big Data Foundations course provides you with an understanding of big data, potential data sources that can be used for solving real business problems, and an overview of data mining and the tools used in it.
This is a fundamentals course with practical exercises designed to provide you with hands-on experience in using two of the most popular technologies in big data processing ï¿½ Hadoop and MongoDB. You will have the opportunity to practice installing these two technologies through lab exercises. The exercises expose you to real-life big data techniques with the purpose of obtaining results from real Twitter datasets.
After completing the course, you will be equipped with practical knowledge that can be used as a starting point in your organizational big data journey.
This course is best suited to Information Technology professionals who possess intermediate to advanced programming, system administration, or relational database skills and are looking to move into the area of big data. These include:
- Database Administrators
- Business Intelligence Developers
- Software Engineers
- Application Developers
- IT Architects
- System Administrators
This course can also benefit other professionals, such as business analytics and research analytics, who possess strong IT skills and have a deep interest in big data analytics andï¿½its benefits.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain big data, its origin, and its characteristics.
- Discuss the tools applicable used in big data processing.
- Explain data mining.
- Discuss popular big data technologies like Hadoop and MongoDB.
- Discuss big data projects and the main players involved.
- Identify and obtain relevant datasets when looking at a business problem.
- Install and manage big data processing environments based on Hadoop or MongoDB at a departmental level.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Letï¿½s Get to Know Each Other
- Course Learning Objectives
- Course Agenda
- Course Book
- CCC ï¿½ Accreditor of the Course
- Certification Value
Module 2: Big Data Fundamentals
- Big Data ï¿½ History, Overview and Characteristics
- Big Data Technologies ï¿½ Overview
- Big Data Success Stories
- Big Data ï¿½ Privacy and Ethics
- Big Data Projects
Module 3: Big Data Sources
- Enterprise Data Sources
- Social Media Data Sources
- Public Data Sources
Module 4: Data Mining: Concepts and Tools
- Data Mining ï¿½ Introduction
- Data Mining ï¿½ Tools
Module 5: Big Data Technologies ï¿½ Hadoop
- Hadoop Fundamentals
- Install and Configure
- Data Processing with Hadoop
Module 6: Big Data Technologies ï¿½ MongoDB
- MongoDB Fundamentals
- Install and Configure
- Document Databases
- Data Modeling with Document Databases
Exam Preparation Guide
- Qualification Learning Objectives
- Learning Level of the Syllabus
- Exam Instructions
- Tips for Exam Taking