BTASBVA - Applying Cisco Specialized Business Value Analysis Skills
More than ever, technology sales professionals face dynamic, challenging, and rewarding opportunities. The same is true for customer executives, with many leaders focused on revenue growth, higher profits and stronger security, and risk mitigation. IT budget decision makers face difficult choices in balancing digital business or new technology initiatives with continued funding of IT operations and maintenance.
These forces shape the context in which technology sellers operate. Customer buying behavior is driving sales professionals to adapt from a product push-style to customer-centric solutions and outcome-based selling approaches. This transition is best enabled through the acquisition of new knowledge, skills, and related confidence.
Applying Cisco Specialized Business Value Analysis Skills (BTASBVA v3.0) builds practical skills on solutions- and outcome-based selling approaches. Self-study modules, instructor facilitated discussions and exercises cover the full sales process, from prospecting to winning deals and spurring adoption and usage.
BTASBVA v3.0 includes new modules covering Cisco's unique outcome-based selling approach. These steps were defined with pipeline growth, shorter sales cycles, and faster/stronger adoption of technology among the top outcomes.
This course prepares professionals for the Cisco Business IT Roadmap Specialist exam (820-432). A passing score on this exam is a requirement for earning the Cisco Certified Business Value Specialist and Cisco Certified Business Value Practitioner designations.
- Cisco and Cisco Channel Partner Sales individuals looking to improve their ability to sell Cisco Solutions by understanding the business requirements of customers undergoing IT transformation
- Typical roles include: account manager (AM), client director (CD), business development manager (BDM), sales specialist, client services executive (CSE or CSX), services solution executive (SSE), systems engineer (SE), consulting systems engineer (CSE), and customer solutions architect (CSA).
This course is based on assumption that attendees will have earned the following achievements, skills, knowledge, or equivalent. Note that Cisco does not formally screen attendees for training. While Learning Partners may do informal checks, prerequisites are substantially self-enforced.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Passed one of the following Cisco exams: 810-401 'Selling Business Outcomes' or 810-420 'Understanding Cisco Business Value Analysis Fundamentals.'
- 3-8+ years of experience selling technology or networking products and services
- Apply research and gather customer information to prepare an outcome-based selling strategy
- Apply Cisco's business outcome-based selling approach from market awareness to solution adoption and consumption
- Interpret a customer's business context and identify the 'as-is' and 'to-be' states of the business
- Determine how desired customer outcomes can be enabled with solutions and services
- Determine a baseline for measuring progress against stated targets
- Outline a plan for managing IT and line of business (LOB) stakeholders across the sales lifecycle
- Demonstrate how key performance indicators (KPIs) and outcome metrics are reflected in business financials
- Prepare an implementation strategy and road map
- Explain how structured communication approaches drive improved results from complex stakeholder interactions