BTEABVD - Executing Cisco Advanced Business Value Analysis and Design Techniques
Individuals who execute Cisco advanced business analysis and design techniques have senior-level responsibility for Cisco relationships and accounts, or make significant contributions to securing commitments for Cisco products and/or service purchases. These practitioners have leadership responsibility to meet account revenue goals and work with customers to achieve their desired enterprise and strategic outcomes through the implementation and adoption of technology solutions.
Practitioners generally work with major global and/or large enterprise customers and they are involved with the customer's business transformation and innovation process for more complex, leading edge or high-scale use of technology. These individuals also serve as role models, mentors, and leaders for account team professionals who are earlier in their career.
As part of this class, in addition to practical course work, ancillary materials are provided to enable individuals to successfully define technology solutions that drive business outcomes in their everyday job role.
This course will prepare students for the BTEABVD - Executing Cisco Advanced Business Value Analysis and Design Techniques 840-425 exam.
- Cisco and Cisco Channel Partner Sales professionals looking to improve their ability to sell Cisco Solutions by understanding the business requirements of customers undergoing IT transformation
- Typical roles include: account manager (AM), client director (CD), business development manager (BDM), sales specialist, client services executive (CSE or CSX), services solution executive (SSE); systems engineer (SE), consulting systems engineer (CSE), customer solution architect (CSA).
It is recommended, but not required, that students have the following knowledge and skills before attending this course:
- Cisco Business Value Specialist Certification
Throughout this course individuals will have the opportunity to apply real-life business case studies using guided exercises. Prior to each module the instructor will provide an overview of the content and knowledge that is necessary to complete the exercises. Where applicable, course content is presented in the context of actual outcome-based sales scenarios. Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Assess diverse industry and account information by compiling key insights and transforming them into a description of the customer's business environment for outcome-based selling
- Describe the challenges and opportunities related to using consultative approaches in selling solutions and services to large enterprise customers
- Illustrate tactics to manage stakeholder interest across the IT sales and consumption cycles
- Apply the Cisco 9-Step Sales Approach to achieve a customer agreement for acquiring and adopting solutions and services that support their business outcomes
- Demonstrate how a structured solution catalog can enable several types of outcome-based revenue
- Compose an outcome-based selling proposal that addresses the customer's business and financial metrics
- Formulate a plan to capture and report on results from solutions that enable outcomes
- Compare and contrast the proposed outcome targets with actual adoption and implementation results
- Assemble the key elements of an organizational change and adoption strategy to help define the expected benefits from a suite of solutions and services