Cisco Voice over IP
Who should attend
Technical professionals responsible for VoIP, including voice/data integration
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Voice (CCNA Voice)
- Cisco Rich Media Communications Specialist
- CCIE Voice (CCIEV Voice)
- Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP)
- Working knowledge of fundamental terms and concepts of computer networking to include LANs, WANs, and IP switching and routing.
- Basic internetworking skills taught in Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices (ICND), or equivalent knowledge.
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco routers and switches and to enable VLANs and DHCP.
- Knowledge of traditional public switched telephone network (PSTN) operations and technologies.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe VoIP, components of a VoIP network, VoIP protocols, special requirements for VoIP calls, and Codecs.
- Configure gateway interconnections to support VoIP and PSTN calls.
- Describe the basic signaling protocols used on voice gateways and configure a gateway to support calls using the various signaling protocols.
- Define a dial plan, describing the purpose of each dial plan component, and implement a dial plan on a voice gateway..
- Describe gatekeeper functions, protocols, and operation and implement an H.323 gatekeeper to provide dial plan resolution and call admission control.
- Implement a Cisco Unified Border Element gateway to connect to an Internet Telephony Service Provider.