Containerizing Software Applications (DO276)
In this course, you will learn about deploying applications in containers using Docker and Kubernetes. Additionally, you will learn how to design containers for the deployment of an existing application across multiple containers, build and test those containers using Docker, and deploy the application in a Kubernetes cluster to achieve high availability and load balancing.
This course is intended for developers, architects, and system administrators who wish to learn how to deploy containerized applications using Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host software and what changes might make them well-behaved applications in a container environment.
- Familiarity with general programming and scripting concepts
- Understanding of the runtime environment configuration for the language of choice
- Familiarity with relational database concepts and a basic knowledge of SQL; MySQL experience is recommended
- Basic Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration skills; Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification recommended
Note: You will not have to do any coding in this course.
- Creating containers using Docker
- Working with image registries
- Providing persistent storage to a container
- Creating new images using Dockerfiles
- Implementing image design recommended practices
- Linking containers
- Orchestrating containers using Kubernetes
- Provisioning development and testing environments with Vagrant