COTA - Cisco Optical Technology Advanced
This course covers topics not covered in the intermediate version. In this course, you will learn how to design DWDM networks using the Cisco Transport Planning (CTP) tool. Additionally, you will learn how the 40- and 80-channel mesh networks are designed. You will demonstrate how to set up a six-node WXC-based 40- or 80-channel mesh network. You also learn how the 40-channel SMR1 and/or SMR2 network is designed and set up a six-node 40-channel network.
The course combines lecture materials and hands-on labs throughout to make sure that you are able to successfully deploy a Cisco data over DWDM network.
- Technical professionals who need to know how to deploy data over the DWDM network.
- System engineers and implementation staff
- Network operations center personnel
- Technical support personnel who are involved with the deployment, operations, and maintenance of the Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP system
- Channel partners and resellers
- Completion of Cisco Fundamentals of Fiber Optics Technology (FFOT) video training
Note: To locate Cisco courses that cover the listed prerequisites, go to the Cisco Training and Events webpage at http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/index.html.
- Run the Cisco CTP tool and design sample DWDM networks
- Principles of a wavelength cross-connect (WXC)-based mesh network
- Configure a six-node WXC-based mesh network and create DWDM circuits
- Principles of a single-module ROADM (SMR) based mesh network
- Configure a six-node SMR-based mesh network and create DWDM circuits
- Configure the 10-GB data cards with appropriate G.709 options and create data circuits
- Install and configure the any rate crossponder card for 8 x 20 protected data mode
- Properly configure Ethernet options for Layer 1 transport using the Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet crossponder cards
- Install Ethernet options for Layer 2 protected and unprotected data ring circuits using the Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet crossponder cards
- Provision incoming class of service (CoS) marking by port and by customer VLAN and incoming traffic shaping
- General queuing theory and set up quality of service (QoS) as implemented in the Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet enhanced crossponder cards
- Install and connect circuits to carry T1 over Ethernet
- Install and configure 100 Gigabit Ethernet transponder and muxponder cards and circuits
- Install the 10G Encryption Card and verify error-free operation
- Add a node to the existing six node 40-channel ring
- Troubleshooting techniques and lab