Designing Cisco Storage Networking Solutions
Who should attend
- Channel Partners/Resellers
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- CCIE Storage Networking (CCIESN Storage Networking)
- Cisco Data Center Storage Networking Design Specialist
In order to fully benefit from this course, the learner is expected to have previously obtained a basic understanding of data storage hardware components and protocols, including SCSI and Fibre Channel.
After completing this training course the student should be able to:
- Given a SAN environment, identify the components, services, and features of the MDS 9000 platform that can be used to improve the availability, scalability, performance, and manageability of the SAN.
- Given the MDS platform components, design a multiprotocol SAN to meet a variety of customer requirements.
- Given a SAN environment, design a SAN that enables storage consolidation.
- Given a SAN environment, design a SAN security implementation that includes port and fabric security, secure management protocols, and role-based access control to meet security policy requirements.
- Given an understanding of SAN extension applications, design a SAN extension solution that meets application availability, performance, and scalability requirements.