Developing a Competitive Strategy
Success in the marketplace depends on having a competitive advantage. How will your organization compete? In this course, you'll explore how value chain analysis and industry analysis contribute to developing a competitive strategy. You'll also learn about how to create a competitive advantage through cost leadership, differentiation, or focus on a segment of the market.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
- All professionals
- The basis for a competitive strategy
- How analyzing the value chain can help diagnose and enhance competitive advantage
- The five forces that determine the level of competition in an industry
- Factors to consider when developing a competitive strategy
- Generic strategies for achieving a competitive advantage
- What Is Strategy?
- What Is Competitive Strategy?
- Basis for a Competitive Strategy
- Competitive Advantage
- Three Levels of Strategy
2. Value Chain
- What Is a Value Chain?
- Primary Activities
- Support Activities
- Value Chain Analysis Defined
3. Industry Analysis
- Competitive Strategy Starts with Industry Analysis
- Industry Life Cycle
- Porter’s Five Forces
- Acquire Competitive Intelligence
- Focus on the Future
- Identify Areas of Opportunity
- Consider Environmental Factors
4. Three Generic Strategies
- Cost Leadership