DevOps Engineering on AWS
In this course, you will learn how to use the most common DevOps patterns to develop, deploy, and maintain applications on AWS. You will learn about the core principles of the DevOps methodology and examine a number of use cases applicable to startup, small-medium business, and enterprise development scenarios.
Systems Administrators and Software Developers
- Working knowledge of one or more high-level programming languages (C#, Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of administering Linux or Windows systems at the command-line level
- Working experience with AWS using both the AWS Management Console and the AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI)
- Use the principal concepts and practices behind the DevOps methodology
- Design and implement an infrastructure on AWS that supports one or more DevOps development projects
- Use AWS CloudFormation and AWS OpsWorks to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create development, test, and production environments for a software development project
- Set up Git on AWS and understand the array of options for enabling a Continuous Integration environment on AWS
- Use the core principles of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Implement several common Continuous Deployment use cases using AWS technologies, including blue/green deployment and A/B testing
- Distinguish between the array of application deployment technologies available on AWS (including AWS CodeDeploy, AWS OpsWorks, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, and Amazon EC2 Container Service), and decide which technology best fits a given scenario
- Fine tune the applications you deliver on AWS for high performance and use AWS tools and technologies to monitor your application and environment for potential issues
This is an emerging technology course. The course outline is subject to change as needed.