In this course, you will learn the foundational concepts and practices of containerization on a single Docker node. Youï¿½ll also gain an understanding of basic container orchestration and learn how to scale Docker across multiple nodes in a simple swarm cluster. This course provides you with essential foundational knowledge for all other official Docker courses.
This course is also available as a four-day bundle offering, which includes Docker Fundamentals and Operations ï¿½in a single intensive training experience.
Developers, operators, and architects desiring a strong foundation in Docker technologies and an introductory hands-on experience building, shipping, and running Docker containers.
Familiarity with Linux command line.
- What Docker is and how Docker can modernize the software supply-chain
- Conceptualize a mental model for Docker workflow
- Foundations of Docker security and apply secrets management
- Foundations of containerization on a single Docker node
- Dockerize an application by writing Dockerfiles
- Create and manage images
- Apply a basic continuous integration model for Docker
- Usage of volumes
- Apply concepts of the Docker networking model
- Write stack-based compose files
- How Swarm works
- Deploy a swarm application and scale it out
- Apply common Swarm operations