We have conversations every day, but how effective are they? In this course, you'll learn how to have conversations in which participants understand your messages and feel respected and motivated. You'll go through the steps involved in having an effective conversation, explore how personal space affects a conversation, and receive tips for dealing with strong emotions that may result from a conversation.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
- What constitutes an effective conversation
- How to have an effective conversation
- Tips for managing personal space in a conversation
- How to recognize deception
- How to build trust and rapport
- What Is an Effective Conversation?
- Conversation Is a Dialogue
- Communication Loop
- When Are Effective Conversations Most Critical?
2. How to Have an Effective Conversation
- Steps to an Effective Conversation
- Barriers to Effective Conversation
- After an Effective Conversation
3. Managing Personal Space
- Proxemic Zones
- Understanding Proxemics in Conversations
4. Dealing with Strong Emotions
- Dealing with Anger
- Address Feelings First
- Actively Listen
- Work to Solve the Problem
- Defusing Emotions
- Dealing with Distraught People
5. Deception as a Barrier to Effective Conversation
- Deception Strategies
- Consequences of Deception
- Detecting Deception
- Verbal and Nonverbal Clues to Deception
- Difficulties in Detecting Deception
6. Trust and Self-Disclosure
- Tips for Creating Trust and Rapport