Essential Windows Communication Foundation 4
This course presents Microsoft's major framework for building distributed application architectures in a service-oriented way. Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) replaces previous technologies such as .NET Remoting, ASMX, and COM+. Because it incorporates web service standards, WCF enables interoperability with other platforms such as Java/Unix. Discover the fundamental tasks of designing and building services and contracts. Additionally, you will learn how to master error handling, serialization, instance and concurrency management. Finally, you will learn how to bend hosting and utilize security, identity management, and reliability to suit your needs.
Note: You are required to bring your own laptop.
Developers who want to build secure, transacted, and reliable services
- Basic knowledge of C# 2.0 and XML
- Have taken Essential .NET (or have equivalent experience/training)
- Motivation and architecture behind services-based applications and WCF
- Create clients and services with WCF
- Expose your services using SOAP and REST
- Choose between different channels, bindings, and configuration options
- Apply asynchronous message processing
- Host a service as a Windows service or in IIS/WAS/AppFabric
- Deal with concurrency and sessions in WCF
- Handle errors in services and consumers
- Authenticate and authorize access to services
- Federate services using tokens and claims