Excel 2011: Level 1 (Macintosh)
This course is designed for students who desire to gain the necessary skills to create, edit, format, and print basic Microsoft Office Excel 2011 worksheets.
Prospective students should be familiar with the Mac OS X v10.5 (basic typing skills are recommended). They should be comfortable in the Macintosh environment and be able to use Macintosh to manage information on the computer. Specifically, they should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. Web browsing experience is also strongly recommended.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- create a basic worksheet by using Microsoft Excel 2011.
- perform calculations in an Excel worksheet.
- modify an Excel worksheet.
- modify the appearance of data within a worksheet.
- manage Excel workbooks.
- print the content of an Excel worksheet.
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with Excel
- Topic 1A: Identify the Elements of the Excel Interface
- Topic 1B: Navigate and Select Cells in Worksheets
- Topic 1C: Customize the Excel Interface
- Topic 1D: Create a Basic Worksheet
- Lesson 2: Performing Calculations in an Excel Worksheet
- Topic 2A: Create Formulas in a Worksheet
- Topic 2B: Insert Functions in a Worksheet
- Topic 2C: Reuse Formulas
- Lesson 3: Modifying a Worksheet
- Topic 3A: Edit Worksheet Data
- Topic 3B: Find and Replace Data
- Topic 3C: Manipulate Worksheet Elements
- Lesson 4: Modifying the Appearance of a Worksheet
- Topic 4A: Apply Font Properties
- Topic 4B: Add Borders and Colors to Cells
- Topic 4C: Align Content in a Cell
- Topic 4D: Apply Number Formatting
- Topic 4E: Apply Cell Styles
- Lesson 5: Managing an Excel Workbook
- Topic 5A: Manage Worksheets
- Topic 5B: View Worksheets and Workbooks
- Lesson 6: Printing Excel Workbooks
- Topic 6A: Define the Page Layout
- Topic 6B: Print a Workbook