IBM FileNet P8 Platform 5.2: Installation
This course is for those whose job duties include responsibility for the installation and support of IBM FileNet P8 software.
Students will install a fully functioning IBM FileNet P8 5.2 distributed system on Linux. The skills practiced during this course follow the documented requirements to interactively install the P8 software. Additionally, the student will learn how to use the IBM FileNet documentation to plan supported software configurations such as Windows, MS SQL Server, Oracle, Active Directory, etc. On the final day of class, the student will be required to perform a successful installation of the IBM FileNet P8 platform software, without instructor assistance. Platform for final installation will be Linux with IBM DB2, IBM Tivoli Directory Server, and IBM WebSphere Application Server.
This course is for technical professionals who are required to install the IBM FileNet P8 platform.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully install IBM FileNet P8 Content Platform Engine, Workplace XT and IBM Content Navigator
- Planning the installation
- Using the installation and upgrade worksheet
- Using the documentation to perform the required planning, preparation and installation
- IT administrator, security administrator, database administrator, and application server administrator installation tasks
- Installing IBM FileNet P8 Information Center
- Installing and configuring IBM FileNet P8 platform software: Content Platform Engine, Workplace XT and IBM Content Navigator