IBM PureData System for Analytics Administration
This course teaches participants operational aspects of database administration for the IBM PureData System for Analytics N1001 and N2001 appliances. This course is designed to teach participants about the High Availability, Backup and Restore and Security aspects of the IBM PureData System for Analytics N1001 and N2001 so that SLAs can be met and service maintained. In addition this course teaches the participant how to manage the performance characteristics of the system through workload management and system parameters. Lastly this course provides participants with the knowledge to assist developers in tuning SQL queries to maximize performance.
Database administrators, system administrators, application developers, and data warehouse architects.
Participants who have successfully completed the IBM PureData Systems for Analytics Appliance Usage course have satisfied the prerequisite requirements to attend this course.
Hands on experience of administering an IBM PureData System for Analytics system would also be highly beneficial.
- Analyze Plan files
- Perform query analysis and troubleshooting
- Optimize data distributions
- Interact with advanced CLI commands
- Use nzsql
- Detemine workload management requirements
- Make use of the System Management functionality
- High availability architecture
- DBOS internals and system log files
- nzsql and scripting
- nzevents and event processing
- Optimizer and plan files
- Analyzing plan files using EXPLAIN
- Analyzing and optimizing plan performance
- Workload management
- System management and monitoring commands
- System management and monitoring administration GUIs
- Configuring query history
- Backup and restore
- Security including authenticating users with LDAP, SSL