IBM Spectrum Scale 4.1 Basic Administration for Linux
This course teaches IBM Spectrum Scale version 4.1.
The course is intended for IT professionals tasked with administering an IBM Spectrum Scale system on Linux and AIX environments. This course includes information on installing, configuring, and monitoring an IBM Spectrum Scale cluster. Many features are described and tested on lab activities including: Storage management, High availability options, cluster management, and information lifecycle management (ILM) tools.
Note: Although the lab is created to run on Linux, because the Spectrum Scale differences running on an AIX environment are minor, the skills intended to be acquired during the course include both Linux and AIX.
- Present an overview on GPFS
- Install and configure GPFS
- Describe the GPFS cluster
- Detail the ILM tools
- Describe High availability
- Manage and monitor GPFS
- Troubleshoot and recover GPFS
- Describe cNFS
- Set up a GPFS multi-cluster
- Describe Active file management
- Describe GPFS native RAID