IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 System Administration
In this course, students learn the skills that are required for ongoing operations and maintenance of IBM WebSphere Commerce V7. The course begins by explaining how to install, configure, and administer WebSphere Commerce, and continues to topics such as deploying WebSphere Commerce stores, troubleshooting, security, ongoing maintenance, and tuning performance. Students also learn how to administer new and unique features of IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 and its associated feature packs. That includes installing mobile and social commerce features, search engine optimization, working with add-on features, and administering the payment infrastructure.
Hands-on lab exercises throughout the course allow students to practice the key tasks that are involved in administering an IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 installation. The exercises cover skills such as installing and configuring WebSphere Commerce, installing, and configuring fix packs and feature packs, publishing a customized starter store, configuring the messaging infrastructure, and publishing social and mobile commerce features.
This intermediate course is designed for administrators of IBM WebSphere Commerce V7.
You should have the following:
- Successful completion of IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 Foundation (6S221), or equivalent experience with WebSphere Commerce
- Basic database administration skills
- Basic Web server administration skills
- Basic WebSphere Application Server administration skills
- Basic XML skills
- Basic SQL skills
- Describe the functions and features of IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 and its feature packs 1 through 5
- Install and configure IBM WebSphere Commerce V7
- Install and configure IBM WebSphere Commerce fix packs and feature packs
- Publish starter stores for the IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 business models
- Manage organizations and users within the various business models
- Deploy customizations and updates using WCBD
- Configure caching of store pages, including edge server caching
- Configure security for an IBM WebSphere Commerce site
- Configure logging and perform basic troubleshooting
- Install and configure the functions and features of Mobile and Social Commerce
- Administer the functions and features of Sterling Software for WebSphere Commerce