IBM XIV Technical Training
This course is designed to present the IBM XIV Storage System Gen3, including its hardware components and the cabling concept.
This course also provides information on how to prepare, install, configure, and initialize the IBM XIV Storage System Gen3.
It describes the steps to follow for the configuration of an IBM XIV Storage System and provides information about setting up, installing, configuring, and working with the three features that assist with Copy Services: snapshot, volume copy, and remote mirror.
This course describes the specifications, features, and components for the server operating systems that can be associated to the IBM XIV Storage System.
This course covers also data migration concepts. Students will learn how to plan, configure, and perform an XIV data migration.
This course is for all personnel who are concerned with the planning, installation, configuration, and management of the IBM XIV Storage System.
You should have an understanding of:
- The concepts and terms used to deploy a storage area network (SAN), iSCSI protocol and disk volume management for AIX, Linux and Windows.
- Summarize the XIV architecture, management tools, configuration, host attachment and replication options
- Classify the hardware and software of the XIV Storage System as well as the host connectivity options
- Recognize the operations that can be performed with the XIV GUI and CLI
- Classify the XIV implementation configuration components
- Summarize the concept of the Fibre Channel Protocol from both the storage system and host point of view
- Summarize the concept of the iSCSI from both the storage system and host point of view
- List the various XIV copy functions suited for data protection
- Classify the XIV remote mirror concepts and features
- Recognize the planning and implementation associated with data migration
- Identify the features associated with IBM Hyper-Scale
- Unit 1 - IBM XIV Storage System: Overview
- Unit 2 - IBM XIV Storage System: Architecture Unit 3 - IBM XIV administration
- Unit 4 - Implementation and configuration
- Unit 5 - Host systems attachment and mappings using FCP Unit 6 - Host systems attachment and mappings using iSCSI Lab 1 - Lab setup and preliminary instructions
- Lab 2 - IBM XIV storage management: Installation Lab 3 - IBM XIV storage management: Configuration
- Lab 4 - Host definition and mappings: Attaching a Windows server to an XIV
- Lab 5 - Host definition and mappings: Attaching an AIX server to an XIV Lab 6 - Host definition and mappings: Attaching a Linux server to an XIV Unit 7 - Snapshot and volume copy
- Unit 8 - Remote mirror
- Lab 7- IBM XIV configuration: Monitoring Lab 8- IBM XIV Copy Services: Snapshots
- Lab 9- IBM XIV Copy Services: Remote mirror
- Lab 10 - IBM XIV Copy Services: Asynchronous remote mirror Unit 9 - Data migration
- Lab 11 - Hyper-Scale Manager
- Unit 10 - IBM Hyper-Scale and MT 4.4 features