ICND1 - Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices 1
Network Administrators, Network Engineers, System Engineers, CCENT Candidates, Channel Partners/Resellers, IT Managers, Customers, Employees
- Describe how networks function, identifying major components, function of network components and the Open System Interconnection (OSI) reference model.
- Using the host-to-host packet delivery process, describe issues related to increasing traffic on an Ethernet LAN and identify switched LAN technology solutions to Ethernet networking issues.
- Describes the reasons for extending the reach of a LAN and the methods that can be used with a focus on RF wireless access.
- Describes the reasons for connecting networks with routers and how routed networks transmit data through networks using TCP / IP.
- Describe the function of Wide Area Networks (WANs), the major devices of WANs, and configure PPP encapsulation, static and dynamic routing, PAT and RIP routing.
- Use the command-line interface to discover neighbors on the network and managing the routerâ€™s startup and configuration .
1. Building a Simple Network
- Exploring the Functions of Networking
- Host-to-Host Communications Model
- Introducing LANs
- Operating Cisco IOS Software
- Starting a Switch
- Ethernet and Switch Operation
- Troubleshooting Common Switch Media Issues
2. Establishing Internet Connectivity
- TCP/IP Internet Layer
- IP Addressing and Subnets
- TCP/IP Transport Layer
- Exploring the Functions of Routing
- Configuring a Cisco Router
- Exploring the Packet Delivery Process
- Enabling Static Routing
- Managing Traffic Using ACLs
- Enabling Internet Connectivity
3. Managing Network Device Security
- Securing Administrative Access
- Implementing Device Hardening
- Implementing Traffic Filtering with ACLs
4. Building a Medium-Sized Network
- Implementing VLANs and Trunks
- Routing Between VLANs
- Using a Cisco Network Device as a DHCP Server
- WAN Technologies
- Dynamic Routing Protocols
- Implementing OSPF
5. Introducing IPv6
- Basic IPv6
- Configuring IPv6 Routing