Implementing Cisco Storage Networking Solutions
Who should attend
- Channel Partners/Resellers
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- CCIE Storage Networking (CCIESN Storage Networking)
- Cisco Data Center Storage Networking Support Specialist
In order to fully benefit from this course, the learner is expected to have previously obtained a basic understanding of data storage hardware components and protocols, including SCSI and Fibre Channel.
After completing this training course the student should be able to:
- Given a SAN environment, identify the components, services, and features of the MDS 9000 platform that can be used to improve the availability, scalability, performance, and manageability of the SAN.
- Given an MDS 9000 switch, safely install the switch hardware and perform the initial software configuration process.
- Given a SAN design, implement the logical topology specified by a SAN design, so that connectivity between end devices can be verified.
- Given a SAN design, describe the traffic management features associated with Intelligent Network Services for the MDS 9000 series in order to configure basic traffic management services for the SAN.
- Given a SAN environment, describe how to use FCIP to implement appropriate solutions for SAN extension.
- Given a SAN environment, identify MDS 9000 diagnostic tools in order to diagnose SAN problems and common configuration errors.