Implementing Power Cloud Infrastructure with PowerVC
This course will enable the students to acquire the skills necessary to install, configure and perform the important IBM PowerVC functionality that helps manage a virtualized Power based cloud environment.
Hands-on exercises will reinforce the lecture and give the students the experience of installing and configuring the IBM PowerVC. A set of different VMs (Linux as well as AIX) will be assigned to each team.
This intermediate course is intended for experienced IBM PowerVM and other virtualization solutions users wanting to understand and implement the next generation of enterprise virtualization management for Power Systems.
You should have:
- a basic background in systems administration and/or troubleshooting.
- Completed PowerLinux Fundamentals (LX21G) (recommended)
- Describe the IBM PowerVC virtualization center supporting Power system based management
- Introduce to IBM Power Virtualization Center: Overview
- Discuss planning for IBM Power Virtualization Center Standard
- Perform steps required to install or update the IBM Power Virtualization Center Standard environment
- Getting started with PowerVC standard Edition
- Customizing IBM PowerVC
- Working with images