Introduction to Cisco ACI v2
This course includes Cisco Training Exclusives
EXCLUSIVE TO GLOBAL KNOWLEDGE - Accelerate your Cisco learning experience with complimentary access to the IT Skills Video On-Demand Library, Introduction to Cybersecurity digital learning course, course recordings, IT Resource Library, and digital courseware.
Some of the characteristic challenges that you may experience with a classic data center include time-consuming application deployment, error-prone switch-by-switch configuration, and problematic application performance monitoring. Cisco ACI helps resolve these typical data center issues by significantly reducing customer application deployment time and improving IT alignment with business objectives and policy requirements.
In this course, you will practice developing essential skills for setting up a basic Cisco ACI Fabric. You will discover how data center components correspond to ACI Fabric components, and you will gain a deeper knowledge of the operation of an EPG, Bridge Domain, VRF, AEP, and many other features of ACI through the process of configuring a basic ACI Fabric. Hands-on labs will guide you through basic steps to set up switches, group devices by application, apply policies at an application level, and give application level visibility for troubleshooting. By the end of this class, you will have a strong fundamental understanding to help you further develop your ACI admin abilities, such as troubleshooting issues that could arise.
- Field engineers
- Support engineers
- Server administrators
- Network administrators
- Storage administrators
- Team leads
- Administrators in a technical role
- DCICN or DCICT or equivalent experience or knowledge
- Server virtualization knowledge
- Discover fabric components
- Create a Tenant
- Create Tenant components; VRFs, BDs, ANPs, EPGs
- Create a Fabric access policy
- Create an application profile
- Create a VMM domain
- Create Contracts
Module1: Why Cisco ACI?
- Lesson 1: What is it?
- Lesson 2: The APIC GUI
Module 2: Discover the Cisco ACI fabric
- Lesson 1: Discover ACI fabric switches
Module 3: Configure a basic Cisco ACI fabric
- Lesson 1: Create fabric access policies
- Lesson 2: Create tenants
- Lesson 3: Create an application profile and EPGs
- Lesson 4: Associate EPGs with VMM domains
- Lesson 5: Configure contracts
- Lesson 6: Create an external L3 policy using OSPF