Java 5-Day Boot Camp Training
Over the course of this Java training class, you will gain proficiency with the various technologies and environments in which Java applications are developed and run, in order to write, compile, test and troubleshoot Java programs. This course also covers Java Database Connectivity (JDBC), so that you will be able to write applications which interact smoothly with MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle databases.
Understanding the Java Platform
- Choose, install and configure the Java Software Development Kit.
- Use the Java Virtual Machine to run Java programs on multiple platforms reliably and easily.
- Compile, debug and run programs using the Java Run-Time Environment.
Writing Efficient Code by Understanding the Object-Oriented Paradigm
- Construct Java Classes, Objects, Methods and Properties which are easy to modify and debug.
- Gain an appreciation for Java's strict rules regarding the creation of objects and methods.
- Limit variable scope for optimum application performance.
- Save time by using Java packages to organize and download classes.
Mastering Java Syntax and Conventions for Rapid Application Development
- Comment code effectively to facilitate future revisions and organize statements into meaningful blocks of code.
- Distribute Java applications across a network with the Java Message Service.
- Gain familiarity with common compile and run-time errors and avoid them.
Designing GUI Applications with Swing
- Give Java applications the look and feel of programs native to the underlying platform.
- Rapidly create sophisticated interface controls without making significant changes to the application code.
- Modify almost any aspect of a Swing component's appearance with precision.
- Master the complexities of debugging Swing applications.
Optimizing Resource Usage and Enhancing Application Reliability
- Understand how variables and data types impact the allocation of memory.
- Know how to use 'primitive' data types in an Object-Oriented environment ... and when not to.
- Construct Java objects for maximum application reliability, simplified program maintenance and easier division of work among teams of developers.
- Simplify the repetitive processes of instantiation and naming with class constructors and method overloading techniques.
Coding for Faster Execution and Efficiency
- Process user input and other text with Java classes String and StringBuilder.
- Simplify operation performance by creating and manipulating Java arrays.
- Understand the nuances of Java expressions and operator precedence for faster calculations.
- Use looping, branching and switching control flow statements effectively for clearer, more efficient code.
- Reduce system complexity and safeguard Java classes with specifiers and qualifiers.
Minimizing Duplication of Effort with Java Inheritance and Interfaces
- Streamline the time-consuming process of creating Java classes by using the concept of inheritance.
- Construct a hierarchy of Java classes and methods which parallels real-world concepts for more meaningful results.
- Exact greater control over your object model with advanced techniques, such as overriding methods and dynamic method binding.
- Create interfaces to extend Java's implementation of the inheritance concept.
- Facilitate data sharing by grouping classes into logical packages.
Querying and Updating Databases with JDBC
- Navigate the broad set of JDBC Technology Drivers and identify the right drivers for your needs.
- Set the appropriate parameters for a driver-specific connection string.
- Master the Structured Query Language (SQL) statements of greatest use to the Java programmer.
- Minimize network traffic and separate programming tasks from database transactions with stored procedures.
Working Smarter with Eclipse IDE
- Extend the functionality of Java's runtime system with Eclipse's wealth of extensible plug-ins.
- Accelerate the software development process with Eclipse application frameworks.
- Understand Eclipse workspaces and perspectives and use them to your advantage.
- Leverage Eclipse's plug-in architecture to incorporate other programming languages such as C and Python.