Organizations that leverage knowledge and manage it effectively can reduce costly mistakes, accelerate the implementation of new ideas, and eliminate redundant work. A thriving knowledge management program, one that successfully captures, structures, and reuses information, is a vital component of top-performing companies and often provides them with a competitive advantage.
In this course, you will learn the knowledge management best practices and fundamental concepts of the Knowledge-Centered Support (KCSsm) methodology. This course can be used to build internal support for a new knowledge management initiative.
This certification is for those individuals who want to demonstrate that they understand KCS practices and how they provide value. This certification ensures a consistent understanding of the KCS methodology for everyone in the organization.
KCS is a service mark of the Consortium for Service Innovation.
- Technical support or business professionals who want a fundamental understanding of the benefits and processes associated with Knowledge-Centered Support
- Individuals who are preparing for the KCS Foundation certification
- Knowledge management best practices
- Knowledge-Centered Support concepts and methodology
- Value and benefits of Knowledge-Centered Support
1. What is Knowledge-Centered Support and Why Do We Need It?
- The History of Knowledge-Centered Support
- The Concepts of KCS
- The Benefits of KCS
- Proactive versus Reactive Knowledge Management
2. The KCS Methodology: The Knowledge-Centered Support Model
- The Double Loop Process Model
- The Solve Loop
- The Evolve Loop
3. Wrapping Up the Knowledge-Centered Support Methodology
- Performance Assessment
- Return on Investment