In today's complex and competitive business environment, most companies rank innovation as one of their top strategic priorities. In a recent study conducted by the Boston Consulting Group, more than three quarters of business leaders surveyed ranked innovation as their top or one of their top three strategic priorities'
The challenge is that many organizations struggle to truly innovate. Often they are restricted by a narrow definition of innovation or are limited by thinking of innovation relative to their industry or competitors.
This one-day workshop helps leaders properly implement or support real innovation.
- Definition of Innovation and Innovation Value Chain
- Cultural aspects that enable innovation
- Characteristics of innovative organizations
- The elements of an innovation-friendly environment
- How to assess organizational readiness for innovation
- Steps in the innovation process and the 12 ways an organization can innovate
- How to demonstrate the leadership behaviors required to encourage and lead innovation
- What Innovation Is and Is Not
- The 12 Ways to Innovate
- An Innovation-Friendly Environment
1. The Innovation Value Chain
- Highlights of the Innovation Value Chain
- Innovation Leadership Behaviors and Tools
2. Define and Align
- What's the Problem?
- What's the Opportunity?
- Align for Results
- Identifying Stakeholders
- And Now, a Word from Our Sponsor
3. Ideate and Select
- Encourage and Support Idea Generation
- Ask the Right Questions
- Use Good Judgment
- Generate New Ideas
- Are You Innovative?
- Basic Elements of Innovation
- Reward and Recognize
4. Design and Develop
- Communicate with Impact
- Developing with the Building Blocks of Innovation
- Failing Fast and Effectively - Pre-Implementation
5. Implement and Measure
- Create a Plan of Action
- Action Schedule
- Delegate Effectively
- Measuring Innovation - Four Categories
- Failing Fast and Effectively - Post-Implementation
- Suggested Activities
- Assess Your Organization's Approach to Innovation
- Identify Steps to Encourage Innovation in Your Team
- Your Innovation Strategy and Agenda
- Next Steps