Meraki CMNO (Certified Meraki Networking Operator) certification
Global Knowledge Exclusive ï¿½ We are the exclusive worldwide provider of Meraki CMNO training. For a limited time, we are offering CMNO at an introductory, reduced course price. Take advantage of this opportunity now!
CMNO is an online, one-day course lasting eight hours. In the first 6 hours of the course, participants are trained in core concepts in operating and troubleshooting the Meraki platform. The final two hours of the course include an open lab period and time for participants to take the online CMNO exam. The course format includes both trainer-presented content and virtual self-paced lab learning. The training should prepare attendees to take the CMNO certification exam by achieving the learning objectives described in the course outline.ï¿½
CMNO includes an in-class exam. You can achieve your CMNO certification during class.
This course is designed for students that wish to gain a foundational knowledge of Meraki solutions and pursue the CMNO - Certified Meraki Networking Operator certification.
CMNO is technical networking course. Interested individualsï¿½should have CCNA Routing and Switching or equivalent networking knowledge.
The training format supports the course objectives by providing a lab-based learning environment in which attendees can interact directly with the Meraki platform. Approximately 50% of the course is trainer-led and 50% is self-paced.
- Instructor-Ledï¿½Content:ï¿½Your instructor will introduce core operating and troubleshooting concepts of the full Meraki portfolio through presentations and live demos.
- Self-Paced Lab Content: The CMNO training labs support and reinforce the instructor delivered content and provide additional insights into the capabilities and functionality of the Meraki platform.
- CMNO Exam: At the end of the training, all participants have the opportunity to take a 45-minute, 20 question assessment. Successful passing of the exam culminates in achieving the Meraki CMNO certification.
Describe out-of-band control plane
- M-tunnel, management/control plane
Describe cloud-based solution benefits
- Security, scalability, reliability, future proofing
- Common question, objections
Describe the Dashboard organizational structure
- Account, organization, networks, licensing/inventory administration
Design proper Dashboard segmentation and permissions
- Leveraging tags to manage and separate deployments
- MSP portal
Describe licensing and co-termination
- What a license includes, interacting with Meraki Support, warranty
- Co-termination calculations, grace period
Describe and design a full Meraki network deployment workflow
- Dashboard layout, navigation
- Setting up organization and network dependencies
- Claiming devices, claiming licenses, building configurations, managing devices
Product Features and Services
Security appliance platform (MX)
- Configure Auto-VPN
- Design and configure traffic shaping
- Design and configure SD-WAN
- Configure content filtering rules
- Configure AMP and ISP/IPS
Switching platform (MS)
- Configure MS switches using virtual stacking and flex tables
- Configure L3 routing using OSPF
WLAN platform (MR)
- Design and configure traffic shaping
- Configure multiple SSIDs
- Configure and securing guest wireless networks
Endpoint management platform (SM)
- Configuring management profiles
- Describe the various MDM live tools
Security cameras platform (MV)
- Configure recording retention/storage
- Configure video wall
Operation and Troubleshooting
Describe and troubleshoot using visibility and monitoring tools
- Local status page
- Status indicators (LEDs, Dashboard UI elements)
- Event logs, change logs
- Summary reports
Configure firmware upgrades
- Managing and auditing
Describe and configure a scalable network using automation tools
- Meraki APIs
- Managing large deployments with templates
Configure and troubleshoot networks using live troubleshooting tools
- Cloud configuration to device sync
- Real-time tools including packet capture, cable test, cycle port, ping
- Troubleshoot application performance issues using Meraki Insight
Describe and troubleshoot through engaging Meraki Support
- Best practices