Microsoft Cloud Workshop - Internet Of Things
Implement an end-to-end solution simulating high velocity data emitted from smart meters and analyze in Azure. Create a lambda architecture, filtering a subset of the telemetry data for real-time visualization on the hot path, and storing all the data in long-term storage for the cold path.
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ï¿½Course Overviewï¿½ and ï¿½What Youï¿½ll Learnï¿½ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
Workshop content presumes 300-level understanding, specifically architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop. Student should have attended or have equivalent knowledge of one of the following courses: M20532, M20533, or M20535.
Students will be better able to implement device registration with the IoT Hub registry and visualize hot data with Power BI. Additionally, upon completing the course, you will be able to perform the following:
- Implement a simulator sending telemetry from smart meters
- Capture and process both hot and cold data using Stream Analytics and HDInsight with Spark
- Visualize hot data with Power BI
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Internet of Things
- Review the customer case study
- Call to action: Design a proof of concept solution
- Call to action: Present the solution
Module 2: Hackathon - Internet of Things
- Before the hackathon
- Environment setup
- IoT Hub provisioning
- Completing the Smart Meter Simulator
- Hot path data processing with Stream Analytics
- Cold path data processing with HDInsight Spark
- Reporting device outages with IoT Hub Operations Monitoring