Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customization and Configuration (M55242)
This course provides attendees with a detailed 'hands-on' experience of the process behind setting up, customizing, configuring and maintaining the CRM components of Microsoft Dynamics 365.
This course applies to both Business and Enterprise Editions of Dynamics 365 as well as Online and On-premise deployments. The July 2017 V9 release of Dynamics 365 is supported and the objectives are designed to map directly to the MB2-716 certification exam found here >
This course is targeted towards users who have an existing experience of Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Dynamics CRM 2015 / 2016. Experience with Microsoft Office365 and Microsoft SQL Server would also be advantageous.
Students should have an existing working knowledge of either Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Attendees of this course will gain an in-depth understanding of the Dynamics 365 security model, learn how to customize the Dynamics 365 framework, create and maintain powerful workflows and business process flows and use solutions to package and deploy customizations across multiple Dynamics 365 environments.
Module 1: Introduction
This module provides the attendee with an introduction to the concept of customizing and configuring the Dynamics 365 framework.
- Getting familiar with the versions of Microsoft Dynamics CRM\365
- Get acquainted with the Dynamics 365 framework
- Review the Dynamics 365 interfaces, devices and apps
- Understand the tools for Dynamics 365 customizers
- A brief overview of Solutions
- Understand the differences between Dynamics 365 organizations and environments
- Review further reading and resources
- Set up the lab environment - Acme Enterprises Event Management Solution
Module 2: Initial Setup and Configuration
This module presents some of the most common features that require setup and configuration when Dynamics 365 is first installed.
- An introduction to Dynamics 365 online setup
- An introduction to Dynamics 365 on premise setup
- Review the System Settings area
- Understand how to configure Auto Save Settings
- Understand how to configure Format Settings
- Understand how to configure Email Settings
- Understand how to configure Skype Integration
- Understand how to configure SharePoint Integration
ï¿½Module 3: Security
This module highlights the importance of maintaining a robust security model in Dynamics 365 by stepping through how to configure Business Units, Security Roles, Users and Teams. Access Teams and Hierarchy Security are also considered.
- Design and configure Business Units
- Configure Security Roles
- Manage Users and Teams
- Implement Access Teams
- Configure Hierarchy Security
ï¿½Module 4: Creating and Managing Entities
In this module we will start to look at customizing the Dynamics 365 schema, including Entities, Relationships, Fields and Forms which can be customized and extended using powerful inbuilt tools.
- Introduction to the Dynamics 365 schema
- Review the different Entity Types
- Create new Custom Entities
- Managing Entity Ownership
- Managing Entity Properties
- Custom Entity Security
- Review Entities and Solutions
ï¿½Module 5: Customizing Fields
This module presents the different Field types that exist in Dynamics 365 including special Fields like Calculated and Rollup Fields. The Business Rule Designer is also introduced together with Field Level Security.
Module 6: Customizing Relationships and Mappings
This module provides an overview of the different types of Relationships that can be created in Dynamics 365. Relationship Behaviors and Mappings are also considered.
- Introduction to Relationships
- Review the different Relationship Types
- Create a Relationship
- Review Relationships and Solutions
- Understand Relationship Behavior
- Implement a Hierarchy Relationship
- Configure Field Mappings
ï¿½Module 7: Customizing Forms, Views and Visualizations
This module steps through the process to create, customize and configure Forms, Views, Charts and Dashboards in Dynamics 365.
- The process to create a new Form
- Review the different Form types
- Using the Form Designer
- Customizing the Main, Quick View and Quick Create Forms
- Configure Form Security
- Review the different View types
- Customizing System Views
- Customizing System Charts and Dashboards
Module 8: Processes: Workflows, Business Process Flows and Custom Actions
In this module you will learn how to create and maintain Workflows, Business Process Flows and Custom Actions in Dynamics 365.
- Introduction to Processes
- Business Process Flows
- Custom Actions
ï¿½Module 9: Solution Management
In this module you will learn how to create and manage Solutions in Dynamics 365 across multiple environments.
- An introduction to Solution Management
- How to add and administer components in a Solution
- The differences between unmanaged and managed Solutions
- How to export and import a Solution
- How to set Managed Properties for a Solution
- What happens when you delete a Solution
- How to Clone a Solution Patch
- How to Clone a Solution