Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Service
Attendees of this course will gain an in-depth understanding of the Service Case Management Process in Dynamics 365. They will learn how to track and resolve customer requests with Case records, collaborate on issues using Queues, use Service Level Agreements (SLA) to manage service entitlements and utilize the Knowledge Base to resolve customer issues faster. The Interactive Service Hub and Service Analysis features such as the Service Reports, Service Goal Management, Service Charts and Dashboards are also presented in this course.
ï¿½The course applies to both Business and Enterprise Editions of Dynamics 365 as well as Online and On-premise deployments.
This course is intended for Customer Service Representatives (CSR), Service Managers and end-users who have an interest in the Service components of Dynamics 365. Students should have an existing working knowledge of either Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Students should have an existing working knowledge of either Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the features and tools that exist in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for CSRï¿½s and Service Managers
- Be familiar with the stages of the Service Case Management Process in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Understand the fundamentals of Case Management. Be able to track, manage and resolve customer service requests using Case records in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Know how to assign, resolve, reactivate, cancel and delete Case records
- Understand the significance of Service Level Agreements and how to create a Customer Schedule and apply SLAï¿½s to Customer and Case records through Entitlements
- How to setup and configure Queues and use Queueï¿½s to collaborate on Cases with other CSRï¿½s and Teams.
- How to implement a Case Routing Rules, and utilize Queue Items in Processes
- Understand the process to create and manage Knowledge Articles in the Knowledge Base
- Be familiar with the Knowledge Base approval process
- How to search the Knowledge Base and relate Knowledge Articles to Case records
- How to provision and navigate the Interactive Service Hub
- Effectively interact with the Interactive Service Hub Filters, Visualizations and Dashboards
- Create and manage Knowledge Articles in the Interactive Service Hub
- Perform Case Management in the Interactive Service Hub
- Explore the Service Reports and create a custom Service Report using the Reporting Wizard in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Understand the significance of Service Goal Management and Metrics in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Explore the Service Charts and Dashboards and create a custom Service Dashboard in Microsoft Dynamics 365
Module 1: Introduction
This module provides the attendee with an introduction to the concept of Customer Service the Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Examine common Customer Service Scenarios
- An Introduction to Service in Dynamics 365
- The Dynamics 365 Platform
- Dynamics 365 Service Fundamentals
- Security Considerations
- Where to get Help
- Further Reading and Resources
Module 2: Case Management
This module presents the Service Case Management Process in Microsoft Dynamics 365. We also examine the various stages a Case record can go through during its lifespan, and how Service Level Agreements can be used with Cases to define and track Service Entitlements.ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½
- The Case Management Process
- Working with Case Records
- Working with the Case Form
- Case Assignment and Routing
- Cases and Activities
- Resolving Cases
- Reactivating, Cancelling and Deleting Cases
- Service Level Agreements
Module 3: Working with Queues
This module presents the concepts of Service Queues in Microsoft Dynamics 365. We examine common Service scenarios where Queues can be useful, and step through the process to create and manage Queues. We also look at how Workflow and Routing Rules can automate Case assignment using Queues.
- Introduction to Service Queues
- Common Service Queue Scenarios
- Creating and Managing Queues
- Working with Queue Items
- Case Routing Rules
- Processes and Queues
Module 4: Using the Knowledge Base
In this module we will start to look at the Knowledge Base in Microsoft Dynamics 365. We look at where the Knowledge Base fits into the Service Management Process, present Knowledge Base Article Templates and examine the Article approval process. Finally, we wrap up with searching the Knowledge Base and relating Articles to Case records.
- Introduction to the Knowledge Base
- Knowledge Base Concepts
- Working with Articles
- Searching the Knowledge Base
- Email a Knowledge Article
Module 5: The Interactive Service Hub
This module presents how CSRï¿½s and Service Managers can benefit from the features provided by the Interactive Service Hub. We look at the rich controls and dynamic streams of information presented by this alternative interface to Microsoft Dynamics 365. Finally, we look at the alternative approaches to Case management, Knowledge Articles and tracking Service information.
- Introduction the Interactive Service Hub
- The Tier 1 Dashboard
- The Tier 2 Dashboard
- The My Knowledge Dashboard
- The Knowledge Manager Dashboard
- Working with Cases in the Hub
- Working with Knowledge Articles in the Hub
- Working with Visualizations and Filters in the Hub
Module 6: Service Analysis
This module looks at the different methods available to analyze service information that is stored in Microsoft Dynamics 365. We look at the out of the box service reports and the process to create a custom report using the Dynamics 365 Report Wizard. This module also demonstrates the Chart and Dashboard designer, as well as reviewing the out of the box service dashboards to analyze service data.
- Introduction to Service Analysis in Dynamics 365
- The Service Reports
- The Reporting Wizard
- Working with Service Charts
- Working with Service Dashboards
- Working with Service Goals and Metrics