Microsoft® SharePoint® Foundation 2013: Site User
SharePoint is a complex platform with many features and capabilities. A strong understanding of those features and capabilities will allow you to work more efficiently and effectively with SharePoint, and with the documents and data stored in SharePoint. Furthermore, effective use of new social networking capabilities will allow you to identify, track and advance issues and topic most important to you, and collaborate with colleagues more effectively.
This course is designed for existing Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office users who are transitioning to a SharePoint environment, who will need to access information and collaborate with team members on a Microsoft SharePoint team site.
To ensure your success in your course you should be have basic end-user skills with Microsoft Windows 8 and any or all of the Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013 suite components, plus basic competence with Internet browsing. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 8 or Microsoft® Windows® 8 Transition from Windows® 7
- Any or all of the courses in the Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, or 2013 curriculum.
Upon successful completion of this course, knowledge workers in a variety of business environments will be able to effectively utilize resources on a typical SharePoint Foundation team site in the course of performing normal business tasks. They will:
- Access and navigate SharePoint content.
- Add, upload, modify, search for, and preview documents in document libraries.
- Add and modify items in lists, configure list views, and filter and group lists.
- Create and update your profile; tag, share, and follow content on your personal sites; and create and manage a personal blog.
- Access, create, save, and manage document versions and synchronize data with Microsoft Office applications.
- Synchronize SharePoint data, work offline, and access data from a mobile device.
Lesson 1: Accessing and Navigating SharePoint Team Sites
Topic A: Access SharePoint Sites
Topic B: Navigate SharePoint Sites
Lesson 2: Working with Documents, Content, and Libraries
Topic A: Upload Documents
Topic B: Search for Documents and Files
Lesson 3: Working with Lists
Topic A: Add List Items
Topic B: Modify List Items
Topic C: Configure List Views
Topic D: Filtering and Grouping with List Views
Lesson 4: Configuring Your SharePoint Profile
Topic A: Update and Share Your Profile Information
Topic B: Share and Follow SharePoint Content
Topic C: Creating a Blog
Lesson 5: Integrating with Microsoft Office
Topic A: Access and Save SharePoint Documents with Microsoft Office
Topic B: Manage Document Versions through Office 2013
Topic C: Accessing SharePoint Data from Outlook 2013
Lesson 6: Working Offline and Remotely with SharePoint
Topic A: Synchronize Libraries, Sites, and MySite and Working Offline
Topic B: Working from a Mobile Device