MOC 10979: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Describe cloud computing, Azure, and Azure subscriptions.
- Describe and create Azure Web Apps.
- Create and configure VMs in Microsoft Azure.
- Create an Azure virtual network.
- Describe Azure storage.
- Describe and deploy databases in Azure.
- Describe Azure AD.
Module 1: Getting Started with Microsoft AzureThis module introduces students to cloud services and the various Azure services. It describes how to use the Azure portal to access and manage Azure services, and to manage Azure subscription and billing.
- What Is Cloud Computing?
- What Is Azure?
- Managing Azure
- Subscription Management and Billing
Module 2: Microsoft Azure management toolsThis module explains Azure PowerShell and its use in managing Azure subscriptions. It also describes the Azure Software Development Kit (SDK) and the Azure cross-platform command-line interface, and explains their benefits and uses.
- What is Azure PowerShell
- The Azure SDK and the Azure CLI
Module 3: Virtual machines in Microsoft AzureThis module explains how to use Azure to deploy virtual machines. It also explains the highly available and scalable configuration of Azure virtual machines, and the management of virtual machine disks by using Azure.
- Create and Configure Virtual Machines
- Configure Disks
Module 4: Web Apps and cloud servicesThis module explains how to create, configure, and monitor Web apps by using Azure. It also describes the creation and deployment of Cloud Services on Azure.
- Creating and configuring web apps
- Deploying and monitoring web apps
- Creating and deploying PaaS cloud services
Module 5: Creating and configuring virtual networksThis module explains Azure virtual networks and how to create them. It also covers variety of virtual network components, focusing in particular on Azure load balancers.
- Getting started with virtual networks
- Creating a virtual network
- Getting started with Azure Load Balancers
Module 6: Cloud storageThis module explains the use of cloud storage and its benefits. It also explains how to create, manage, and configure cloud storage in Azure.
- Understanding cloud storage
- Create and manage storage
Module 7: Microsoft Azure databasesThis module explains the options available for storing relational data in Azure. It also explains how to use Microsoft Azure SQL Database to create, configure, and manage SQL databases in Azure.
- Understanding options for relational database deployment
- Creating and connecting to Azure SQL databases
Module 8: Creating and managing Azure ADThis module explains how to use Azure AD and Azure Multi-Factor Authentication to enhance security. It explains how to create users, domains, and tenants in Azure AD, and how to use Multi-Factor Authentication and single sign-on (SSO).
- Overview of Azure AD
- Manage Azure AD authentication
- Lab: Using the Microsoft Azure Portal
- Lab: Using Microsoft Azure management tools
- Lab: Create a Virtual Machine in Microsoft Azure
- Lab: Web Apps and cloud services
- Lab: Create a virtual network
- Lab: Configure Azure Storage
- Lab: Creating a SQL Database in Azure
- Lab: U Create users in Azure Active Directory tenants