MOC 20533: Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
- Information Technology (IT) professionals who have some knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Microsoft Azure.
- IT professionals who want to deploy, configure, and administer services and virtual machines in Microsoft Azure.
- IT professional who have used Microsoft System Center to manage and orchestrate a Microsoft server infrastructure.
- Windows Server administrators who are looking to evaluate and migrate on-premises Active Directory roles and services to the cloud.
- IT professionals who want to use Windows Azure to host web sites and mobile app back-end services.
- IT professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, who meet the course prerequisites, and are looking to cross-train on Microsoft Azure.
- IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam, 70-533, Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
- This course can also be used by Engineers who have used DevOps approaches to optimize the management and lifecycle of the software in their organization.
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies including: virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configuration including: TCP/IP, DNS, virtual private networks, firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of websites including: create, configure, monitor and deploy a website on Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts including: Domains, Forests, Domain Controllers, replication, Kerberos, and LDAP.
- Understanding of database concepts including: Tables, queries, Structured Query Language (SQL), and database schemas
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery including: backup and restore operations.
- Describe Azure architecture components including infrastructure, tools, and portals.
- Implement and manage virtual networking within Azure and to connect to on-premises environments.
- Plan and create Azure virtual machines.
- Configure, manage, and monitor Azure virtual machines to optimize availability and reliability.
- Implement, manage, backup and monitor storage solutions.
- Plan and implement data services based on SQL Database to support applications.
- Deploy and configure websites.
- Deploy, configure, monitor, and diagnose cloud services.
- Publish content through CDNs and publish videos by using Media Services.
- Create and manage Azure AD directories, and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD.
- Automate operations in Azure management by using PowerShell runbooks.
Module 1: Introduction to AzureThis module provides the students a high level introduction to Azure.
- Cloud Technology Overview
- Microsoft Azure
- Azure Portals
- Managing Azure with Windows PowerShell
Module 2: Implementing and Managing Virtual NetworksIn this module students will learn how to Implement Virtual Networks, why they are important and how to manage them post-implementation.
- Planning Virtual Networks
- Implementing and Managing Virtual Networks
- Configuring Connections to Virtual Networks
Module 3: Implement Virtual MachinesIn this module, students will see how Microsoft Azure VMs can host services for their users and customers and how to create, install, and configure VMs with different operating systems and software platforms.
- Planning Virtual Machine Workloads
- Planning Virtual Machine Workloads
- Creating Virtual Machines
Module 4: Managing Virtual MachinesIn this module the student will learn how to properly configure Virtual Machines and Virtual Machine Disks as well as managing and monitoring the Virtual Machine environments ensuring security, availability and scalability.
- Configuring Virtual Machines
- Managing and Configuring Virtual Machine disks
- Managing and Monitoring Virtual Machines
Module 5: Implementing WebsitesIn this module students will learn how to plan for website deployment, covering different levels of website and differing deployment models. They will then learn how to deploy a website, how to configure the site, how to monitor the performance of the site, what Webjobs are and how to use them and finally what Traffic Manager is and how it is used..
- Planning for Website Deployment
- Deploying Websites
- Configuring Websites
- Monitoring Websites
- Traffic Manager
Module 6: Planning and Implementing StorageIn this module students will look at types of storage, how to choose/plan storage, storage accounts, and affinity groups. They will move on to learn how implement BLOBs and azure files, recovery services and backup, diagnostics, monitoring, and analytics.
- Planning Storage
- Implementing and Managing Storage
- Backing up and Monitoring Storage
Module 7: Planning and Implementing Data ServicesIn this module students will look at the differences between SQL databases on-premises and Azure SQL databases. They will learn how to implement Azure SQL databases, how to migrate data to SQL Azure, how to monitor the databases once created in Azure and learn about business continuity using database copy and export, Self-service restore and Geo-replication..
- Data Services in Microsoft Azure
- Implementing Azure SQL Database
- Managing Azure SQL Database Security
- Monitoring Azure SQL Database
- Managing Azure SQL Database Business Continuity
Module 8: Implementing Cloud Services and Mobile ServicesIn this module students will look at cloud services and how they compare to VM and website execution models. They will also look at Web roles and worker roles. They will then move onto learn about deploying and configuring cloud services. They will also look a mobile services, at how to create, deploy and configure. Finally they will learn about monitoring and diagnostics.
- Planning and Deploying Cloud Services
- Configuring Cloud Services
- Implementing Mobile Services
- Monitoring and Diagnostics
Module 9: Implementing Content Delivery Networks and Media ServicesIn this module students learn what a content delivery network is and how to implement one. They then move on to look at Azure Media Services, and how to utilize media in Azure..
- Implementing Azure Content Delivery Networks
- Publishing Content with Azure Media Services
Module 10: Implementing Azure Active DirectoryIn this module students will learn how to implement Azure Active directory, then to manage users within the directory. They will also look at adding customer domains, at multi-factor authentication and at application integration with Azure Active Directory. Finally they will learn about the features and benefits offered by Azure Active Directory Premium..
- Creating and Managing Azure Directories
- Configuring Application Integration with Azure Active Directory
- Overview of Azure Active Directory Premium
Module 11: Managing Active Directory in a Hybrid EnvironmentIn this module, students look at three alternative approaches for integrating on-premises Active Directory with Microsoft Azure. These options are placing a domain controller into Azure, implementing directory synchronization with optional password synchronization or single sign-on using Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS). Finally, you will consider how to manage these types of hybrid environments..
- Extending On-Premises Active Directory into Azure
- Directory Synchronization
- Implementing Federation
Module 12: Implementing AutomationThis module starts with an introduction to automation and the components. The student then moves on to look at PowerShell Workflows, particularly the move from PowerShell scripts to worklows and finally looks at managing automation through creating and publishing runbooks, creating and scheduling jobs and monitoring job execution.
- Overview of Automation Components
- Implementing PowerShell Workflows
- Managing Automation
Module 13: Microsoft Azure SolutionsNow that the student has a technical understanding of many Azure services, they can use their knowledge to solve business problems for customers. In this module, they will read about and discuss two detailed scenarios. The instructor will help you to propose an outline solution for each scenario, in which Azure services are used to solve project goals.
- Tailspin Toys Business Systems Scenario
- Software as a Service Scenario