MOC 50351: SharePoint 2010 Overview for Developers
Before attending this course, students must have:
- NET Object Oriented programming and understanding of development in SharePoint 2007.
After completing this course, students will be able to: Sandboxed Solutions, RESTful services, LINQ and Business Connectivity Services.
MODULE 1: OVERVIEW
A simple introduction module.
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Understand your course, classroom, classmates, facility and instructor.
MODULE 2: USER INTERFACE
In this module we take a look at the new features of SharePoint 2010 from a user interface standpoint. This module will help you with navigating through the remainder of the modules and labs faster. Some things we will explore include the new Ribbon and UI aspects.
- New SharePoint Features
Lab : User interface
- UI Improvements
- Create Page
- Wiki Capabilities
MODULE 3: VISUAL STUDIO 2010
In this module we are going to take a look at the new SharePoint project templates includes with Visual Studio 2010 and their many improved features!
- Visual Studio 2010
Lab : Visual Studio 2010
- Explore SharePoint Project Templates
- Packaging and Deployment
- Advanced Deployment
- Server Explorer
MODULE 4: SANDBOXED SOLUTIONS
In this module we are going to take a look at SandBoxed Solutions in SharePoint 2010.
- Sandboxed Solutions
Lab : Sandboxed Solutions
- Explore Sandboxed Solutions
- Create and Test Sandboxed Solutions
- Explore Limitations of Sandbox Solutions
- Configure Sandbox Points
Lab : DeveloperDashboard
- Enable Developer Dashboard
MODULE 5: LINQ AND REST
In this module we are going to take a look at the new REST and LINQ features of SharePoint 2010.
Lab : REST
- Utilize REST Services
- REST Service Reference
- REST List Service Calls (PUT, GET)
- REST Excel Service
Lab : LINQ
- LINQ Introduction
- Utilize LINQ For SharePoint
MODULE 6: CLIENT OBJECT MODEL
In this module we are going to take a look at the three new Client Object Models available in SharePoint 2010!
- Client Object Model
Lab : ClientObjectModel
- Explore Client Object Model
- Utilize Client Object Model (.NET)
Lab : ECMAScript
Lab : SilverLight
Utilize Client Object Model (SilverLight)
MODULE 7: BUSINESS CONNECTIVITY SERVICES
In this module we are going to take a look at the new Business Connectivity Services.
Business Connectivity Services
Lab : BCS
- Explore External Content Types
- Create a new External Content Type
- Create an External List
MODULE 8: WORKFLOWS
In this module we are going to take a look at implementing workflows with SharePoint Designer 2010.
Lab : ReusableWorkflows
- Create Reusable Workflows (Site/Global)
- Export a workflow to Visio
- Import a workflow from Visio
- Save as Template
Lab : ModifyOOBWorkflow
Modify Out Of Box Workflows
MODULE 9: CLAIMS BASED AUTHENTICATION
In this module we are going to take a look at the new workflow features of SharePoint 2010.
Claims Based Authentication
Lab : ClaimsBasedAuth
- Programming with Claims
- Creating custom claims provider