MOC 80544: Warehouse Management System in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2
The intended audience includes partners and customers who want to learn the basic features and develop a working knowledge of the typical daily procedures required to effectively use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Inventory and Warehouse Management functionality.
The class is intended for warehouse workers, warehouse managers, shipping and receiving personnel, and other people in organizations responsible for the setup and administration of warehouse management functionality.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the goals and features of warehouse management by using Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2.
- Set up the system for warehouse management.
- Use the item arrival process to process inventory receipts.
- Create and process pallet transports.
- Use output orders, consolidated picking, and picking routes to process sales order picking.
- Create outbound rules, and deliver picked items.
- Create and process shipments by using the Create Shipment wizard, shipment staging, and shipment templates.
- Create shipment reservation combinations and sequences.
- Create refill pallet transports.
- Describe and use Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for inbound and outbound processing.
- Set up and process quarantine orders.
- Set up and use quality orders, inventory blocking, and non conformances.
- Review the reports and inquiries that are available for warehouse management.
Module 1: Overview
This module explains describes the basic warehouse management features that are available in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. In addition, terminology and concepts of warehouse management are discussed.
- Goals of Warehouse Management
- Terminology and Concepts
- Workflow in Warehouse Management
- Integration with Other Modules
- Advanced Warehouse Management
Module 2: Setting Up Warehouse Management
This module explains how to set up warehouse management for use in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Basic Setup for Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Product Setup
- Inventory Dimension Groups
- Physical Setup of the Inventory
- Logical Setup of the Inventory
- Pallets and Forklifts
Module 3: Inbound Operations
This module reviews the procedures for item receipt by using the Item arrival journal, and also registration by using the Inventory button in the purchase order line.
- Purchase Orders
- Arrival Overview and Item Arrival Journal
- Pallet Transports
- Receipt Registration Requirements
Module 4: Outbound Operations
This module explains how to move items from the warehouse to the customers by using advanced functionality of picking and shipping.
- Sales Orders
- Output Orders
- Picking Process
- Shipment Process
- Outbound Rules
- Shipment Reservations
- Shipment Templates
- Picking Routes
- Deliver Picked Items
- Shipment Staging
Module 5: RFID in Warehouse Management
This module explains how RFID can be used in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 to process transactions in warehouse management.
- RFID Technology
- RFID Administration
- Receiving with RFID
- Picking, Packing, and Shipping with RFID
Module 6: Quarantine Management with Pallets
This module explains how Quarantine management works together with Warehouse management and pallet functionality.
- Set Up Quarantine
- Item Receipt
- Quarantine Orders
Module 7: Inhouse Warehouse Operations
This module reviews the daily operations known as inhouse warehouse operations. It covers inventory movement and reporting.
- Pallet Transports
- Refill Pallet Transports
- Quantity Adjustments
- Role Centers
Lab: Complete Product Setup
Lab: Using Dimensions
Lab: Create Inventory Dimension Groups
Lab: Update Store Areas
Lab: Set Up Warehouse Management
Lab: Set up a Warehouse for Replenishment
Lab: Create and Receive a Purchase Order
Lab: Inbound Operations
Lab: Set Up Shipment Reservations Combinations
Lab: Set Up Shipment Templates
Lab: Consolidated Picking
Lab: Picking and Shipping Items
Lab: Set Up and Use Quarantine Management with Warehouse Management
Lab: Pallet Operations
Lab: Set Up and Run the Warehouse Capacity Report
Lab: Use Warehouse Management