MS Publisher 2010: Creating Newsletters & Publications
This course is intended for persons with a basic understanding of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Word who need to learn how to use Microsoft Publisher to create, layout, and edit publications. This course is appropriate for Microsoft Publisher 2003, 2007 and 2010 users as the main features of Publisher have not changed between versions.
Experience working with Microsoft Word and other Microsoft Office applications is recommended but not required.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Modify the layout and structure of a publication.
- Format text in a publication.
- Edit the contents in a publication.
- Format graphics in a publication.
- Prepare a publication for distribution.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Publisher 2010
- Topic 1A: Identify the Components of the Publisher Interface
- Topic 1B: Customize the Publisher Interface
- Topic 1C: Create a Basic Publication
- Topic 1D: Add Content to a Publication
Lesson 2: Modifying the Layout and Structure of a Publication
- Topic 2A: Import Text into a Publication
- Topic 2B: Organize Text Boxes and Picture Placeholders in a Layout
- Topic 2C: Control the Display of Content in Text Boxes
- Topic 2D: Insert Common Layout Elements
- Topic 2E: Use Building Blocks
Lesson 3: Formatting Text in a Publication
- Topic 3A: Format Text
- Topic 3B: Format Paragraphs
- Topic 3C: Apply Paragraph Styles
- Topic 3D: Apply Schemes
Lesson 4: Editing Content in a Publication
- Topic 4A: Edit Text in a Publication
- Topic 4B: Present Content in Tables
- Topic 4C: Review Text in a Publication
- Topic 4D: Insert Symbols and Special Characters
Lesson 5: Formatting Graphics in a Publication
- Topic 5A: Customize the Appearance of Pictures
- Topic 5B: Add Graphical Objects to a Publication
Lesson 6: Preparing a Publication for Distribution
- Topic 6A: Check the Design of a Publication
- Topic 6B: Save a Publication for Distribution
- Topic 6C: Preview and Print a Publication
- Topic 6D: Send a Publication by Email