Performing Big Data Engineering on Microsoft Cloud Services (M20776)
In this course you will learnï¿½how to process Big Data using Azure tools and services including Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL Data Warehouse and Azure Data Factory. The course also explains how to include custom functions, and integrate Python and R.
The primary audience for this course is data engineers (IT professionals, developers, and information workers) who plan to implement big data engineering workflows on Azure.
- A good understanding of Azure data services.
- A basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- A good knowledge of relational databases.
- Describe common architectures for processing big data using Azure tools and services.
- Describe how to use Azure Stream Analytics to design and implement stream processing over large-scale data.
- Describe how to include custom functions and incorporate machine learning activities into an Azure Stream Analytics job.
- Describe how to use Azure Data Lake Store as a large-scale repository of data files.
- Describe how to use Azure Data Lake Analytics to examine and process data held in Azure Data Lake Store.
- Describe how to create and deploy custom functions and operations, integrate with Python and R, and protect and optimize jobs.
- Describe how to use Azure SQL Data Warehouse to create a repository that can support large-scale analytical processing over data at rest.
- Describe how to use Azure SQL Data Warehouse to perform analytical processing, how to maintain performance, and how to protect the data.
- Describe how to use Azure Data Factory to import, transform, and transfer data between repositories and services.
1: Architectures for Big Data Engineering with Azure
- Understanding Big Data
- Architectures for Processing Big Data
- Considerations for designing Big Data solutions
2: Processing Event Streams using Azure Stream Analytics
- Introduction to Azure Stream Analytics
- Configuring Azure Stream Analytics jobs
3: Performing custom processing in Azure Stream Analytics
- Implementing Custom Functions
- Incorporating Machine Learning into an Azure Stream Analytics Job
4: Managing Big Data in Azure Data Lake Store
- Using Azure Data Lake Store
- Monitoring and protecting data in Azure Data Lake Store
5: Processing Big Data using Azure Data Lake Analytics
- Introduction to Azure Data Lake Analytics
- Analyzing Data with U-SQL
- Sorting, grouping, and joining data
6: Implementing custom operations and monitoring performance in Azure Data Lake Analytics
- Incorporating custom functionality into Analytics jobs
- Managing and Optimizing jobs
7: Implementing Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Introduction to Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Designing tables for efficient queries
- Importing Data into Azure SQL Data Warehouse
8: Performing Analytics with Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Querying Data in Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Maintaining Performance
- Protecting Data in Azure SQL Data Warehouse
9: Automating the Data Flow with Azure Data Factory
- Introduction to Azure Data Factory
- Transferring Data
- Transforming Data
- Monitoring Performance and Protecting Data