PERL Programming for Open Systems
This course concentrates on the core skills required to do effective Perl 5 programming. This course also introduces the extensive module library, with particular attention to using Perl for working with databases.
Learn the core skills required to be an effective Perl 5 programmer.
This course introduces the extensive module library, with emphasis on how to use Perl to work with databases.
This advanced course is designed for individuals who want to use Perl to improve their productivity such as:
- System administrators
- Database administrators
- Developers looking for a powerful programming environment
- Tivoli administrators, etc.
- Familiarity with AIX/UNIX or Windows operating systems
- Proficiency with a text editor, such as vi or emacs
- Familiarity with shell scripting, C, or other procedural programming languages
Have a firm grounding in the Perl language and be able to:
- Write Perl scripts for data-processing, system administration, and other applications
- Use modules from the Perl Module Library to improve your efficiency
- Simple data types
- I/O using standard input and output
- Flow control
- Lists and arrays
- Regular expressions
- String and array processing
- Multi-dimensional and associative arrays
- User-defined subroutines
- File I/O
- Advanced flow control
- Dealing with files and directories
- Running perl
- Report generation
- Accessing operating system data
- Running external programs
- Introduction to modules
- A database interface