Relational Database Design
Individuals who are able to write simple queries or run queries that someone else has designed
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- analyze client requirements.
- create a preliminary design.
- implement the database design.
- generate reports.
- customize a database.
- Lesson 1: Analyzing Client Requirements
- Topic 1A: Analyze Current Data Storage Systems
- Topic 1B: Identify New Client Requirements
- Topic 1C: Determine the Required Data Fields
- Topic 1D: Group Fields into Tables
- Topic 1E: Identify Key Fields
- Lesson 2: Creating a Preliminary Design
- Topic 2A: Create a Preliminary Entity Relationship Diagram
- Topic 2B: Apply the First Normal Form
- Topic 2C: Apply the Second Normal Form
- Topic 2D: Apply the Third Normal Form
- Topic 2E: Apply the Higher Normal Forms
- Topic 2F: Denormalize Tables
- Topic 2G: Incorporate Client Feedback
- Lesson 3: Implementing the Database Design
- Topic 3A: Translate Business Rules into Constraints
- Topic 3B: Create Tables
- Topic 3C: Create Indexes
- Lesson 4: Generating Reports
- Topic 4A: Manipulate Data
- Topic 4B: Generate Reports Using Conditions
- Topic 4C: Generate Reports from Multiple Tables
- Topic 4D: Generate Summary Reports
- Topic 4E: Create Views
- Lesson 5: Customizing a Database
- Topic 5A: Modify Constraints
- Topic 5B: Modify Fields
- Topic 5C: Modify Tables