SQL Scripting: Level 1 - Fundamentals of Querying
Individuals with basic computer skills, familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology, and who want to use SQL to query databases.
Basic end-user computer skills and some familiarity with database terminology and structure are required.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query.
- Include a search condition in a simple query.
- Use various functions to perform calculations on data.
- Organize data obtained from a query before it is displayed on-screen.
- Retrieve data from tables.
- Format an output, save a result, and generate a report.
Lesson 1: Executing a Simple Query
- Topic 1A: Connect to the SQL Database
- Topic 1B: Query a Database
- Topic 1C: Save a Query
- Topic 1D: Modify a Query
- Topic 1E: Execute a Saved Query
Lesson 2: Performing a Conditional Search
- Topic 2A: Search Using a Simple Condition
- Topic 2B: Compare Column Values
- Topic 2C: Search Using Multiple Conditions
- Topic 2D: Search for a Range of Values and Null Values
- Topic 2E: Retrieve Data Based on Patterns
Lesson 3: Working with Functions
- Topic 3A: Perform Date Calculations
- Topic 3B: Calculate Data Using Aggregate Functions
- Topic 3C: Manipulate String Values
Lesson 4: Organizing Data
- Topic 4A: Sort Data
- Topic 4B: Rank Data
- Topic 4C: Group Data
- Topic 4D: Filter Grouped Data
- Topic 4E: Summarize Grouped Data
- Topic 4F: Use PIVOT and UNPIVOT Operators
Lesson 5: Retrieving Data from Tables
- Topic 5A: Combine Results of Two Queries
- Topic 5B: Compare the Results of Two Queries
- Topic 5C: Retrieve Data by Joining Tables
- Topic 5D: Check for Unmatched Records
- Topic 5E: Retrieve Information from a Single Table Using Joins
Lesson 6: Presenting Query Results
- Topic 6A: Save the Query Result
- Topic 6B: Generate an XML Report