SQL Scripting: Level 2 - Querying & Manipulating Data
Students should have basic computer skills, SQL skills, and be familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology.
Completion of SQL Scripting: Level 1 or equivalent knowledge recommended.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- use subqueries to generate query output.
- manipulate table data by inserting and updating records in a table and deleting records from a table.
- manipulate the table structure.
- create views, manipulate data through views, modify the view structure, and drop views.
- create indices on table columns and drop inefficient indices.
- mark the beginning of a transaction, create a savepoint within a transaction, rollback a transaction, and commit a transaction.
Lesson 1: Using Subqueries to Perform Advanced Querying
- Topic 1A: Search Based on Unknown Values
- Topic 1B: Compare a Value with Unknown Values
- Topic 1C: Search Based on the Existence of Records
- Topic 1D: Generate Output Using Correlated Subqueries
- Topic 1E: Filter Grouped Data Within Subqueries
- Topic 1F: Perform Multiple-Level Subqueries
Lesson 2: Manipulating Table Data
- Topic 2A: Insert Data
- Topic 2B: Modify and Delete Data
Lesson 3: Manipulating the Table Structure
- Topic 3A: Create a Table
- Topic 3B: Create a Table with Constraints
- Topic 3C: Add and Drop Table Columns
- Topic 3D: Add and Drop Constraints
- Topic 3E: Modify the Column Definition
- Topic 3F: Back Up Tables
- Topic 3G: Delete Tables
Lesson 4: Working with Views
- Topic 4A: Create a View
- Topic 4B: Manipulate Data in Views
- Topic 4C: Create Aliases
- Topic 4D: Modify and Drop Views
Lesson 5: Indexing Data
- Topic 5A: Create Indices
- Topic 5B: Drop Indices
Lesson 6: Managing Transactions
- Topic 6A: Create Transactions
- Topic 6B: Commit Transactions