Using DevOps Tools with Cisco ACI
This course is eligible for Continuous Learning Credits.
In this course, you will learn how to use DevOps tools for a common data center integration scenario. You will practice using the most popular tools on a Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) for a classical data center integration. While configuring the ACI fabric, you will have the opportunity to use and compare various DevOps tools. Hands-on labs will teach you how to use Postman and Python to create, modify, and upload scripts. You will also use GitHub to download existing policies and to back up policies that you create in order to help you quickly perform configuration tasks. Additionally, you will learn how to use Visore and API inspector to troubleshoot. By the end of this course, you will be able to prepare a switch Fabric for data center integration.
- End users
- Sales engineers
- Field engineers
- Network engineers
- Server administrators
- Storage administrators
- Cisco channel partners
- Basic networking knowledge
- Basic Linux knowledge
- Basic software defined networking (SDN) knowledge
- Perform Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) Fabric discovery
- Prepare the DevOps environment by installing various DevOps tools
- Practice using GitHub to view, download, modify, and upload policies
- Use API Inspector to capture application program interface (API) calls
- Use Postman to configure the application profile containing Endpoint Groups (EPGs), bridge domains, virtual routing and forwarding (VRFs), and subnets
- Use Postman to configure a Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) integration
- Use Postman to configure provided and consumed contracts for Endpoint Groups (EPGs)
- Use basic Python commands to establish Layer 3 connectivity
- Use advanced Python commands to create Layer 2 connectivity
- Use Visore and API Inspector to troubleshoot ACI fabric issues
1. Introduction to DevOps
- What Is DevOps?
- Characteristics of a Useful DevOps Tool
- DevOps Toolkit
- How Does DevOps Work with ACI?
2. DevOps Tools
- Types of DevOps Tools
- What Is GitHub?ï¿½
- What Are Scripts?
4. API Inspector
- What Are API Calls?ï¿½
- What Is API Inspector?
- What Is Puppet?
- What Is a Fabric Access Policy?
- What Is Postman?
- What Are APIs?ï¿½
- What Is an Application Profile?
- What Is VMM Integration?
- What Are Contracts?
- What Is Python?ï¿½
- Basic Python Commands
- Advanced Python Commands
- What Is Visore?ï¿½
- Accessing Visore
- Using Visore with API Inspector