Active Leadership for IT Professionals
Intense competition coupled with flattened hierarchies, multi-dimensional teams and a diverse working environment characterize today's business climate. This reality requires an equally diverse set of leadership practices and skills for anyone responsible for getting results with and through others. Recent studies confirm the leader is the prime factor for creating a productive work environment and contributing to higher employee retention.
The Active Leadership for IT Professionals program provides the concepts and the practices of Leadership in a high impact learning-environment to help leaders effectively coach, empower and lead individuals and teams to higher levels of performance.
Active Leadership for IT Professionals is available in three different formats. They are:
Face-to-Face Classroom: Join a professional facilitator and your peers in a 3-day in-class experience.
Virtual Classroom: Join a professional virtual facilitator and your peers in a 3-day virtual classroom. Participate from a distance through the Adobe Connect platform and engage with others in this dynamic session to build your leadership skills and abilities.
Self-Paced Digital: Complete the Active Leadership program on your own terms, working through self-paced digital modules in increments that fit your busy schedule.
IT Managers, IT Professionals and Business Managers with team members or charged with leading teams.
Pre-work is required for this class, including two assessments:
- Active Leadership Profile (self and others assessment)
- Personal Needs Assessment (self assessment)
A threeï¿½week timeline is necessary to complete the pre-work and assessments prior to attending class.
- Assess personal leadership behaviours and attitudes that impact the performance of others
- Plan and deliver clear, concise communication to direct, guide and engage employees
- Understand what people need in order to change a behaviour or practice
- Determine how ability and motivation impact performance and outcomes, regardless of the task
- Explore three different leadership styles and when they should be used to maximize the performance of others
- Match the appropriate leadership style to individuals and specific tasks
- Explore how the foundational principles of coaching impact coaching results
- Differentiate between "coaching for job" versus "coaching for career"
- Provide behavioural feedback that recognizes and rewards employee performance
- Use a consistent approach to providing feedback that reinforces desired behaviors and helps achieve performance improvements
- Assess performance gaps and improve task performance
- Coach, reinforce and create a motivational climate for employee growth and retention
- Create a personal development plan based on assessed leadership strengths and development needs