Communicating Across the Organization
To be successful, you need to be able to communicate with people at all levels of your organization. In this course, you'll learn about communicating with superiors, peers, and subordinates in your organization. You'll also learn about the informal networks that exist in every organization and tips for growing your own network of allies.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
- The value of communicating with people at different levels of the organization
- How to craft communication for upper management so your message gets heard
- The importance of informal networks to organizational communication
- Tips for networking
- The elements of a compelling elevator speech
1. The Organization
- Organizational Levels
- The Organizational Chart
- What Is Organizational Communication?
- Communicating with People at Other Levels
- Vertical and Horizontal Communication
- Communicating Up and Down
- Horizontal Communication
2. Informal Networks
- What Is an Informal Network?
- How Informal Networks Work
- Using Informal Networks
- Three Types of Informal Networks
- Mapping Informal Networks
- Survey Questions
- Networking within the Organization
- Value of Networking
- How to Network
- What to Avoid When Networking
- The Elevator Speech
4. Active Listening
- What Is Active Listening?
- Why Is Active Listening Important for Communication?
- How to Be an Active Listener