Conducting Effective Performance Reviews
- Recognize the importance of having a performance review process for employees.
- Demonstrate an understanding of core competencies and how to work with a core competency model.
- Identify the performance management cycle, and the part employees, managers and organizations play in that cycle.
- Understand how to work with employees to set performance objectives and standards.
- Develop skills in observing and giving feedback, listening and asking questions, for effective coaching and improved performance.
- Identify an effective interview process and have the opportunity to practice the process in a supportive atmosphere.
- Make the performance review legally defensible.
INTRODUCTION AND COURSE OVERVIEW
BASICS OF PERFORMANCE APPRAISALS
EMPLOYEESâ€™ CONCERNS ABOUT PAS
WHAT MAKES PAS A DEFENSIBLE PROCESS?
THE PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT PROCESS
THE PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT CYCLE
PERFORMANCE DEVELOPMENT PLAN
FEEDBACK AND COMMUNICATION
LISTENING AND ASKING QUESTIONS
CHARACTERISTICS OF EFFECTIVE FEEDBACK
PLANNING THE INTERVIEW
HANDLING PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS
THE WORST CASE SCENARIO
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT CHECKLISTS