Dell SonicWALL Network Security Basic Administration
This course provides you with the background, knowledge, and hands-on experience to begin designing, implementing, and troubleshooting SonicWALL security appliances running SonicOS firmware. Attend this course, and receive one Dellï¿½ SonicWALLï¿½ SOHO security appliance and a one-year Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite license.
This technical training covers configuration and deployment of the SonicOS firmware. You will become familiar with a wide spectrum of SonicWALL's innovative feature set, such as Unified Threat Management (UTM), Single Sign On, VPN, SSL VPN, and Content Filtering Service. As you examine the wide array of security features SonicOS has to offer, you will learn validation of settings and troubleshooting techniques using the SonicWALL diagnostic tools. Formative evaluations (knowledge checks and hands-on exercises) are incorporated throughout this course to test new skill sets.
To attend this course, prerequisite skills and knowledge are required, including completing three e-Learning courses prior to beginning this class. Information from these e-Learning modules is included on the certification exam. The prerequisite training is available from SonicWALL athttps://support.software.dell.com/sonicwall-nsa-series/training/100/dell-sonicwall-network-security-basic-administration-cssa-level-course-instructor-led-training and includes:
Network Security Technology Overview e-Learning (~ 4 hours)
For those new to network security, this optional online course provides an introduction to the key concepts and fundamentals of network security. While this course is not mandatory, it is strongly suggested.
Network Security Essentials e-Learning (~6 hours)
This online course will provide you with critical foundational information concerning firewall technology, security risks and remediation, and network security design and implementation considerations. Additionally, you will learn how to configure and implement SonicWALL firewall appliances and extend the firewall's capability using rules, security applications, and other network specific functions and troubleshooting techniques. You will practice key activities through online simulations.
Virtual Private Networking with SonicOS e-Learning (~6 hours)
A critical follow-on to the Network Security Essentials e-Learning course, this online course will give you a comprehensive education in core VPN technology, design, and implementation considerations. You will also learn about SonicWALL-specific VPN configuration and deployment as well as troubleshooting techniques. As in Securing Networks with SonicOS, you will be able to practice key activities through online simulations.
System engineers, channel partners, service partners, and system administrators
- Completion of the three eLearning courses available from SonicWALL that include:
- Network Security Essentials
- Virtual Private Networking with SonicOS
- Network Security Technology Overview
- Other skills required include:
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts, network topologies, and the OSI model of networking protocol stacks
- Understanding of TCP/IP, network addressing, subnets, and Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Knowledge of basic router concepts
- Familiarity with IPSec functionality and implementation
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot SonicWALL security appliances running SonicOS Enhanced firmware
- Configure and deploy SonicOS Enhanced firmware
- Components of SonicWALL's feature set
- Use SonicWALL diagnostic tools to validate and troubleshoot
1. Course Introduction
2. Operating System Fundamentals
- OS Fundamentals
- System Backup and Restore
3. Scalability and Reliability
- WAN ISP Failover and Ethernet Load Balancing
- Policy-Based Routing
- High Availability
4. Secure Access and Content Control
- VPN: Gateway-to-Gateway, Hub and Spoke, Mesh
- Route-Based VPN
- GVC with Local User DB
- SSL VPN with Local User Database
- SSL VPN and Global VPN Client with LDAP Authentication
- Content Filtering Service
- Content Filtering Service Using Single Sign-On