Developing SQL Databases (M20762)
In this course, you will learn the major tools of the SQL Server 2016 platform, logical table design, indexing, query plans, and data and domain integrity. You will focus on creating database objects, including views, stored procedures, parameters and functions. You will also learn procedure coding, such as indexes, triggers, SQL Common Language Runtime (CLR), SQL Server spatial data, and considerations for binary large object (BLOB) data.
This course uses Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 20762: Developing SQL Databases.
GK Digital Learning is also available with digital Microsoft Official Courseware (dMOC). Click here to purchase.
- IT professionals who want to become skilled on SQL Server 2016 product features and technologies for designing a SQL Server 2016 database platform.
- Developers from other product platforms or previous versions of SQL Server who want to become skilled in designing and developing a SQL Server 2016 database platform.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Design and implement tables.
- Advanced table designs.
- Ensure data integrity through constraints.
- Indexes, including optimized and columnstore indexes.
- Design and implement views.
- Design and implement stored procedures.
- Design and implement user-defined functions.
- Respond to data manipulation using triggers.
- Design and implement in-memory tables.
- Implement managed code in SQL Server.
- Store and query XML data.
- Work with spatial data.
- Store and query BLOBs and text documents.
1.ï¿½Introduction to Database Development
- Introduction to the SQL Server Platform
- SQL Server Database Development Tasks
2.ï¿½Designing and Implementing Tables
- Designing Tables
- Data Types
- Working with Schemas
- Creating and Altering Tables
3.ï¿½Advanced Table Designs
- Partitioning Data
- Compressing Data
- Temporal Tables
4.ï¿½Ensuring Data Integrity through Constraints
- Enforcing Data Integrity
- Implementing Domain Integrity
- Implementing Entity and Referential Integrity
5.ï¿½Introduction to Indexes
- Core Indexing Concepts
- Data Types and Indexes
- Single Column and Composite Indexes
6.ï¿½Designing Optimized Index Strategies
- Covering Indexes
- Managing Indexes
- Execution Plans
- Using the DTE
- Introduction to Columnstore Indexes
- Creating Columnstore Indexes
- Working Columnstore Indexes
8.ï¿½Designing and Implementing Views
- Introduction to Views
- Creating and Managing Views
- Performance Considerations for Views
9.ï¿½Designing and Implementing Stored Procedures
- Introduction to Stored Procedures
- Working with Stored Procedures
- Implementing Parameterized Stored Procedures
- Controlling Execution Context
10.ï¿½Designing and Implementing User-Defined Functions
- Overview of Functions
Designing and Implementing Scalar Functions
- Designing and Implementing Table-Valued Functions
- Implementation Considerations for Functions
- Alternatives to Functions
11.ï¿½Responding to Data Manipulation via Triggers
- Designing DML Triggers
- Implementing DML Triggers
- Advanced Trigger Concepts
12.ï¿½Using In-Memory Tables
- In-Memory Tables
- Native Stored Procedures
13.ï¿½Implementing Managed Code in SQL Server
- SQL CLR Integration
- Importing and Configuring Assemblies
14.ï¿½Storing and Querying XML Data in SQL Server
- XML and XML Schemas
- Storing XML Data and Schemas in SQL Server
- Implementing the XML Data Type
- Using the T-SQL FOR XML Statement
- Getting Started with xQuery
- Shredding XML
15.ï¿½Working with SQL Server Spatial Data
- Introduction to Spatial Data
- Working with SQL Server Spatial Data Types
- Using Spatial Data in Applications
16.ï¿½Storing and Querying BLOBs and Text Documents in SQL Server
- Considerations for BLOB Data
- Working with FileStream
- Using Full-Text Search
- SQL Server Concurrency
- Concurrency and Transactions
- Locking Internals
17.ï¿½Performance and Monitoring
- Extended Events
- Working with Extended Events
- Live Query Statistics
- Optimize Database File Configuration