Some research suggests that people with higher emotional intelligence tend to be more successful than others, but what is emotional intelligence? How do you improve it? In this course, you'll explore the definition and development of emotional intelligence, as well as the importance of applying emotional intelligence in the workplace. You'll learn about how self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management make up emotional intelligence. You'll also cover suggestions for improving emotional intelligence.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
- How the theory of emotional intelligence developed
- The difference between emotional intelligence and IQ
- The four components of emotional intelligence
- Competencies of emotional intelligence
- Tips for improving your emotional intelligence
1. What Is Emotional Intelligence?
- Emotional Intelligence Defined
- Why Is Emotional Intelligence Important?
- How Is Emotional Intelligence Measured?
- What Led to the Development of Emotional Intelligence?
- Multiple Intelligences
- Social Intelligence
- Traditional View of Emotions
- Misconceptions of Emotions
- Modern View of Emotions
- Emotional Intelligence vs. IQ
- Mayer and Salovey
2. Components of Emotional Intelligence
- Four Components of Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence Domains
3. Emotional Intelligence Competencies
- K-A-B Competency Model of Emotional Intelligence
- Other Emotional Intelligence Competencies
4. Improving Your Emotional Intelligence
- How Can You Improve Your Emotional Intelligence?