ERS 8000 Advanced Configuration and Maintenance
In this course, you will take an in-depth look at the Ethernet Routing Switch (ERS) 8000, focusing on the advanced features maintenance and troubleshooting. You will gain hands-on experience building and troubleshooting a resilient switch cluster with the ERS 8000, observing the traffic flow and predictable failure recovery. You will also configure quality of service (QoS) and IP filters on the ERS 8000 R-modules.
Throughout this course you will perform configuration analysis and troubleshoot Layers 1, 2, 3, and 4 utilizing the ERS 8000's maintenance capabilities, including PCAP ping snoop. An IP VPN-Lite network is configured, as is Avaya VENA Enterprise Fabric SPB L2 and L3 VSNs.
You will cover some of the most advanced features of the ERS, including: SPB, VRF-lite, MPLS, IP VPN-lite, RS modules, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, and advanced QoS.
- Technical staff responsible for the design, installation, or configuration of campus solutions using ERS products
- Technical personnel operating and managing Ethernet Routing Switches
- Familiarity with the basic operation of the ERS 8000
- Good understanding of the ERS 8000 hardware and software functions
- Configure control path and data path security on the ERS 8000
- Purpose of the ERS 8000 diagnostic commands
- Implementation of QoS on the ERS 8000 R-modules
- Configure MPLS on the ERS 8000
- Configure an IP VPN on an ERS 8000
- Implement the Avaya VENA Enterprise Fabric SPBm on the ERS 8000